Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hahaha let's see what happens after 9 AM EST. The last 30 minutes of pre market trading will give us a better idea of what to expect. TSLA still holding the key 190 level in pre market.
We're only a few dollars down by the job numbers news, so not to sure 195 will hold.
Will decide today wether I'll roll back & down 01/20 210 CC a bit or sell an extra CC for next week should we rise above 195 (looking for 210 strike 12/09 CC in that case).

Well everyone’s CCs should be just fine for today 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
You think? TSLA once again defying macro - has been a feature most of this week...

For me, BTC 10x -p180 @5c, I know, probably would have expired, but have been bitten before, so prefer to just remove that risk

Still 10x -c195 in play, might let them all exercise, might roll, might buy them back and sell the shares (cheaper for broker fees), don't know yet

I am looking to de-risk offloading some cheap shares, but the temptation to roll for more premium is strong, on the other hand, the chance to sell at this price might be lost of we drop... maybe split it, sell 500, roll 5x...

Well everyone’s CCs should be just fine for today 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Yup! Mine is now 0.48, I could have BTC at b/e instead of -$5,250 cost yesterday BUT I’d be worrying all day as the stock gyrated and I followed my rule for risk-management. This is the price we pay for playing this game ;-)

I’ve also learnt not to fly so close to the sun anymore. Selling CC strikes for me will now be 2-3 resistances above even those I’ve done before.

since yesterday noon, 3 attempts to go up 195.86 failed

1669996009201.png

Last edited:
Rolled Dec 2 -c200 to Dec 9 -c210. STO Dec 9 -c205. I think next week is relative flat waiting for CPI report and Fed interest hike the following week.

Still have sold calls at 260 and 275 for March and April next year. And Jan 20 sold put at 156.67.

If the SP falls next Monday, might look to sell more puts.

Rolled Dec 2 sold put 167.5 to Dec 16 -p167.5. Plan is to keep half the shares if it is assigned and sell the rest.

Little bit of weakness this morning - used that to open 175/160 bps for next Friday. In for .80 (just over 5% of the $15 wide spread).

Strongly considered the 180s for a noticeably larger credit - decided to be an extra $5 away from whatever I thought looked good, partly in the hopes that a relatively small move up will enable a fast/early close to earn most of that .80.

Going to let remaining -c$195 ride through close for expiration/assignment. I was willing to take $180 + CC income for those shares last week, so $195 should be acceptable today or Monday?
Yeah, pretty much the same story here, but looks like -c195 will likely expire... Have 10x more written for next week, along with 10x -c200 and an equal number of straddled puts for both...

Screwed by the macro a bit today, but tbh the bears just took anything they could get to pile-in at critical resistance for both SPY and QQQ, the underlying jobs numbers weren't that bad (depending how you define "bad" these days), nothing much changed in the ongoing narrative regarding the FED

Last edited:
Rolled my 190 puts to 175 for 85 cents Cr.

Thinking of selling a call spread 210/215 for about 60 cents Cr. Currently priced at 45 cents (now that SP ran up to 193).

Will there be a theta decay over the weekend, in general ? Or is it better to sell Monday morning during high IV period ... ?