Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If only Elon had lost his Twitter password, the SP would still be $300 post split. Instead of that I have again been assigned 8 underwater puts of 420 that had an expiration in June 2024.

Sold the shares and sold the Puts back in 01/2025. Below 151, I am starting to liquidate my core shares and buy back puts contracts.

Oh well, it was an interesting to see how an investment/ trading account can get blown up by macros/richest man in the work/social media/my blind hope TSLA would always recover

I am with you all. This is not sustainable for me at these levels. Will likely have to sell shares at a loss and rebuild with about 10% of what I had. Sorry for anyone in a similar/worse boat. This honestly just f'ing sucks.

My long term bullish view on Tesla the company is mostly still in tact, but I believe the key-man risk is now with our Technoking remaining at the helm rather than one day leaving. Just depressing to see him self-radicalize and go from visionary to apparently full-time twitter troll. I think a lot of the selling pressure is institutions not wanting any part of it. Similar to how some twitter advertisers left the platform.

I am getting close to a margin call and I am here wondering that if I can keep buying cheap puts in a way I am digging myself deeper in a hole. I am going to try to wait it out until P&D to see what happens and then I will have to make some drastic moves. My plan was to sell Jan 24 300cc but it never got even close to my target price.

Here are some lessons that I have learned this year:

• Don't sell BPS or BCS
  • Don't use margin
  • Don't fall in love with a stock
  • Don't believe in hopium
This.

Reactions: phantasms
I am getting close to a margin call and I am here wondering that if I can keep buying cheap puts in a way I am digging myself deeper in a hole. I am going to try to wait it out until P&D to see what happens and then I will have to make some drastic moves. My plan was to sell Jan 24 300cc but it never got even close to my target price.

Here are some lessons that I have learned this year:

• Don't sell BPS or BCS
  • Don't use margin
  • Don't fall in love with a stock
  • Don't believe in hopium

Well said.

Another reoccurring lesson is avoid putting much weight in investment advice sourced from online forums, social media, etc.

Part of me is wondering how much more we can go down this week. Maybe I made a mistake selling at 159. I'm thinking about buying them back and selling 160CC for Friday. At least if the SP recovers I can try to roll the CC up. If we drop more, I can try to sell shares again at 158. I just continue to screw it up when it comes to sticking with stop losses.

I am a little worried about Q4 P&D. I think the IRA is going to result in unusually high unsold inventory in the US. If there is any truth to the China rumors, and there is even 10k fewer sales there, we could see a big drop after Jan 2....

I wish I could just HODL! I wouldn't be thinking about any of this. I would just hold shares even down to 100 because it won't matter long term.

Part of me is wondering how much more we can go down this week. Maybe I made a mistake selling at 159. I'm thinking about buying them back and selling 160CC for Friday. At least if the SP recovers I can try to roll the CC up. If we drop more, I can try to sell shares again at 158. I just continue to screw it up when it comes to sticking with stop losses.

I am a little worried about Q4 P&D. I think the IRA is going to result in unusually high unsold inventory in the US. If there is any truth to the China rumors, and there is even 10k fewer sales there, we could see a big drop after Jan 2....

I wish I could just HODL! I wouldn't be thinking about any of this. I would just hold shares even down to 100 because it won't matter long term.
Of course, in the time it took to write all that the SP climbed too much.... 🥴

quick 25% in 15 mins, closing soon will close itself at trailing stop loss

1670955517686.png

Last edited:
My long term bullish view on Tesla the company is mostly still in tact, but I believe the key-man risk is now with our Technoking remaining at the helm rather than one day leaving. Just depressing to see him self-radicalize and go from visionary to apparently full-time twitter troll. I think a lot of the selling pressure is institutions not wanting any part of it.
We had a similar situation in 2018 after taking private tweet and SEC lawsuit.

That was easy to fix .... Elon settled with SEC.

Wheres the fix now ?

ps : Feel sorry for all those caught up in this mess with big margin loans. I'm down a lot this year, but no margin, so can wait it out.

We had a similar situation in 2018 after taking private tweet and SEC lawsuit.

That was easy to fix .... Elon settled with SEC.

Wheres the fix now ?

ps : Feel sorry for all those caught up in this mess with big margin loans. I'm down a lot this year, but no margin, so can wait it out.
Plausible near-term fixes -

Positive P&D report, positive ER, positive guidance, T** drama fading into rear view mirror, fed pivot

Each one of the above looks less likely than the previous one :(

With subsidies ending and China going into a recession, Q1 is what I'm worried about.
Subsidies beginning in US Q1.

COVID lockdowns done. China will start healing and no doubt there is pent up demand. They just need to get their hands on some money. Shanghai could export everything for a Q or two.