Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In addition to the above:

BTO +P240 10/13 @$5.65

Sold 3,000 longs @$250 in post-market. Left 3,000 in as a hedge. Will cut them too if we tank Monday. If we race for some reason I’ll just have to wait for a retracement to get back in with the first 3,000 longs. My first time taking a leap like this and it’s somewhat unnerving, I need to learn to help my emotions match my conviction.

Bought back the 3,000 at $239.80 and will watch from here it if loses $238.
Thanks @dl003 for the research and nice win to start the week!

Will buy back the +C150 12/2025 once there's more clarity on the trend.

Edit: Re your idea of selling 30x ATM puts instead of 3,000 shares that's something worth considering. Is there a downside, such as getting trapped in them if things tank? I'm definitely open to learning methods to make the bet I did in safer ways.
No. I said SELL the 3,000 shares and then sell 30X ATM Puts. Kind of like a Buy-Write.

QTA levels for today:

1696254369637.png

Reactions: BornToFly
Any thoughts about the price action so far? Are you guys closing your shorts here or waiting for stock to go down even more?
I will not close all of my -C250 for Friday at this level. The Island reversal could still be Gap-closed today. If not, then this will be the third one in a row, and somebody told us @tsla needs three in a row for break or confirmation (on totally other occasions I might add, bottoms and tops in fact) . But being superstitious and in a long-lasting winning mood I don't think I will do anything "long"on TSLA this week. (maybe I close the rest of the calls if they fall below a dollar before Wednesday). I don't even think about LEAP buying yet. I think there will be a turning point this month and it could be the earnings call or the cyber truck first-delivery and especially announcement of CT pricing. Not following through on ramping Texas and Berlin is making clear that there could well be a hiccup in the 50% growth-story, due to Macro and unemployment. But the auto S-curve will not stall, so in the bigger scheme of things, nothing to really worry about. There will be 3 bigger S-curves following (staggered) at least (Energy, FSD/Robotaxi, TeslaBot), so the only thing I do is waiting for a re-entry-point and macro will guide me the most I think now.
[Edit: while writing this the Gap has been closed, but I am not excited about the movement /Edit]