Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1696256948735.png

Martin Viecha reiterates 1.8million for 2023, which implies a 500k Q4, or close to...

I wondered if they would use the P&D to reiterate full year guidance. I looked back at past P&D reports last week to see if they ever issued full-year guidance, and they never did (in the few recent reports that I looked at). Interesting that they chose to do so here - appears to be a deliberate attempt to offset any weakness on the report.

nothing of note. Just the normal profit taking post event. At some point (Wednesday maybe) the selling is going to resume.

Based on what you're seeing, are new 10/6 -C260's sold on pops relatively safe?

Also, have you opened any new positions?

Thanks again!

Currently holding
FROM LAST WEEK
18x -C275 10/20 @$5.55
18x -C285 10/20 @$3.50

NEW TODAY
15x -C262.50 10/6 @$1.50
4x -C265 10/6 @$1.25

Last edited:
It just keeps going up. I want to sell 225 Puts for end of October to hopefully get shares after ER, and the premiums keep dropping.... 😆
hint: it keeps going up because put premiums keep dropping. Yes, P&D was a miss, but there were too many puts being bought prior to today. Sell the rumor, buy the news. When these puts are closed, put IVs crash and SP floats up. However, still a dead cat. At some point puts will seem dirt cheap and that's when the fun begins.

Thinking of buying 17 Nov 2023 200 Puts. Is this a bad idea?

Likewise buying 16 Jan 2026 390 or 300 strike LEAPS.

Thoughts and discussion from any of you (much appreciated!) knowing elders much appreciated; I've watched this thread for too long, and I cannot sit by idly any longer.
Well it must be because I just did that.

Used the proceeds of my $3 profit in closing my short puts I had sold when SP was 138, closed then this morning when SP was 144. Bought November 200 puts for $2.50

If the SP goes straight to ATH again, at least I will just lose profits.

Well it must be because I just did that.

Used the proceeds of my $3 profit in closing my short puts I had sold when SP was 138, closed then this morning when SP was 144. Bought November 200 puts for $2.50

If the SP goes straight to ATH again, at least I will just lose profits.
Would you mind buying aggressive LEAPs? I'd like these 10/27 $185 Puts to print. 😛

hint: it keeps going up because put premiums keep dropping. Yes, P&D was a miss, but there were too many puts being bought prior to today. Sell the rumor, buy the news. When these puts are closed, put IVs crash and SP floats up. However, still a dead cat. At some point puts will seem dirt cheap and that's when the fun begins.
With earnings just about 2 weeks away on 10/18, don’t you think we could have an earnings run up in to it to something like 270 or so from here? Based on your TA, just wondering what are the odds that you think that we will see the low 240s again before 10/18 ER?

• Love
Reactions: UncaNed
With earnings just about 2 weeks away on 10/18, don’t you think we could have an earnings run up in to it to something like 270 or so from here? Based on your TA, just wondering what are the odds that you think that we will see the low 240s again before 10/18 ER?
💡 💡 💡 💡 💡 💡 💡 💡

-(Rushes to subtract $1 off his remaining PUT orders) thank you for thinking of this, SIR!!! And perhaps I'll add some sell orders to my remaining long positions...