Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Technically, TSLA has satisfied the minimum requirement, breaking the previous 234 low. I'm not expecting much more downside from here.

A bet is a bet. If we don't see 200 in 2023, I guess this is my farewell.

A farewell would be a shame. This board and the stock in general can be stress-inducing, but all of us here appreciate your insight.

Technically, TSLA has satisfied the minimum requirement, breaking the previous 234 low. I'm not expecting much more downside from here.

I am keeping 200k of free money to YOLO LEAPS as soon as SP touches 200k. If it does you are my hero.

Who made this bet? I was not a party. Does not apply to me and I am part of this forum. There is no reason for you to go anywhere.

Technical's aside, TSLA fundamentals are falling apart. This company is performing like a dog, they don't know how to sell cars unless they cut prices but the balance sheet is turning to *sugar* and the P/E Multiple is actually going up which is not what growth stocks do. I've been trimming TSLA shares since before you made that $200 call and I've gotten rid of 30% of them (waiting for a lower entry). With Q4 looking to be another *sugar* quarter (Higher deliveries but similar margins and profits) I know we won't see $300, I do think we'll see $200 before Q4.

Watch the bears pile in tomorrow on market open. Could be a -10% day. We are already -4% after market so it won't be much of a stretch.

Buy the dip ($200 or lower) and sell as many CC $300 for December as you can, naked too if you want more risk. Is my play (Not advice).

Edit: I also have no idea why the stock went up after a poor P & D but the whisper number may have been lower. The earnings are just absolute dog I find it hard to believe big money buys into this with the threat of a recession and a high interest rate environment.

Come now, losing a bet shouldn't have to mean leaving the table. And as much as I'd like to see you stick around, I DON'T want to see 200 in 2023 just for that to happen! So how about just letting bygones be bygones?

I didn't agree to this bet either. Your posts are informative and I personally look forward to your analysis. If you leave you'll be sorely missed. Hope you stay regardless of the moves tsla makes as you've become an important voice in this community. My two cents

@Jim Holder did you sell your shares before the ER call? I am curious.

I didn't. Still holding my longs + a handful of +C150 12/25 LEAPS, which will be deeply red tomorrow if we stay at $233. I try not to play earnings since I got badly burnt in the past trying to guess a binary move so I'm taking my lumps. Also even though I’m able to sell shares after market hours, I didn’t because it was already so oversold I didn't want to sell and then have it bounce back. A bit gun-shy on those trades when already down so much. Still working on that.

Since I’m in TSLA for the long run (years) I don’t really mind the rides.

After scalping profitable CC's the past few weeks including this one I went flat at the closing bell today. Of course in hindsight I should have at least sold the LEAPS but it's fine.

We either bounce tomorrow to $240-245 before continuing back down or just continue straight down. If we break $228 I think I'll sell my longs and LEAPS then and wait for a bottoming process/congestion zone before getting back in.

The whole market appears to be toying with a bottom here and remains to be seen if it breaks down more or perhaps has some relief from here that will carry TSLA with it. I'm not counting on it since there are many macro factors working against a decent rally that hold more than a day or two. If we get $245-250 I may just sell then as well. Either way I plan to continue selling weekly covered calls at reasonable strikes above call walls while I wait out for the recovery.

@dl003 can you tell us how you think the next few weeks will play out and when to escape for those of us who are still holding and want to trade the swings?

Last edited:
My initial idea with my straddle play was to hold the puts and sell the calls. Then I'd ride the momentum with sold cc atm. Initially I thought I'd eventually close those trades out by end of week... but once I sell the strangle calls and sell new atm ccs.. I may watch it for a bit. Possibly hold until next week, but the closer we get to 200 I'd likely close these trades out and start implementing atm csp sales in expectation of a slow recovery to end the year

This seems to mean you will keep posting until Dec 31st which is the only way we can see if $200 is hit this year or not, or at least until mid-month if it’s at $250 with no further dip in sight. Verdad?

This seems to mean you will keep posting until Dec 31st which is the only way we can see if $200 is hit this year or not, or at least until mid-month if it’s at $250 with no further dip in sight. Verdad?
This so called disastrous ER is now going head to head vs the 150 EMA, somehow one of the most relevant s/r for TSLA.

When I saw 269, I knew I would lose the bet.
image-1.png

This so called disastrous ER is now going head to head vs the 150 EMA, somehow one of the most relevant s/r for TSLA.

When I saw 269, I knew I would lose the bet.View attachment 983374
At least you saved me from being over leveraged heading into earnings.

I closed 60% of my longs heading into earnings and kept my puts open. Probably saved me from a margin call.

You might lose your bet but you saved my ass. I was listening to The daily trader Pierre Roberge sawing TSLA was a technical buy after the string green days heading to 269. You avoided me to jump on the FOMO trading and losing a bunch. Thanks.