Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TOS will migrate to TD Active Trader next weekend

I’ve heard that TOS is not going away. Am a bit confused.

1705891834332.png

I’m also hearing lots of complaints about the forced migration for some Canadian TD customers from TOS to their less-featured and handicapped TDActiveTrader Pro platform, are you finding the same?

As for me I’m looking at leaving TD/Schwab and migrating my accounts to IBKR when my turn comes to be pushed from TD to Schwab (they said May 2024 for me). I love the TDAmeridtrade mobile App and use it extensively (not TOS mobile) and it’ll be going away. The Schwab apps and general online account management sucks I’m told.

A bit scared about the move to a new platform like IBKR but I hear great things about them and it’ll be nice being able to trade commons at 4am vs 7am (TD) as well. I plan to buy 100 TSLA shares at IBKR and test it out for options etc to see if I like the mobile workflow before I move everything over.

Last edited:
Thanks. Do you use the Schwab mobile app, and is it comparable to the TD Ameritrade mobile app? I’m not able to try their app until our account transfer.

The schwab mobile app is junk. I haven't used the TDA mobile app, but since I prefer the web interface, I assume that it's junk as well. For some non-standard custom orders (like 3:5 flip rolls), the web interface beats TOS.

Adam Jonas going the wrong way o_O

PT lowered to $345 (from $380) — "Global EV momentum is stalling...”

"The market is over-supplied vs. demand. We anticipate Tesla’s 2024 outlook to be cautious on volume and profitability. Our FY24 non-GAAP EPS falls below $2. PT to $345 (incl. core auto of $75). Tough sledding for EVs, but we remain OW on AI and robotics optionality. Tesla reports 4Q results this coming Wednesday January 24th. Rather than wait for what we expect to be a clearly cautious outlook for FY24, we wanted to mark-to-market our FY24 and FY25 estimates ahead of time. There is continually growing evidence that the global EV market is in an unfavorable balance of supply (growing) vs. demand (slowing)."

Last edited:
Adam Jonas going the wrong way o_O

PT lowered to $345 (from $380) — "Global EV momentum is stalling...”

"The market is over-supplied vs. demand. We anticipate Tesla’s 2024 outlook to be cautious on volume and profitability. Our FY24 non-GAAP EPS falls below $2. PT to $345 (incl. core auto of $75). Tough sledding for EVs, but we remain OW on AI and robotics optionality. Tesla reports 4Q results this coming Wednesday January 24th. Rather than wait for what we expect to be a clearly cautious outlook for FY24, we wanted to mark-to-market our FY24 and FY25 estimates ahead of time. There is continually growing evidence that the global EV market is in an unfavorable balance of supply (growing) vs. demand (slowing)."
The herd consensus, so let’s see Tesla prove them wrong, although I’d take $345.

Any investment firm that releases a new note, estimate, price target, etc., 2 days before the company gives you actual guidance for the year, is just trying to manipulate the SP. There is no reason to publish anything two days before you get the facts.

I mean, they specifically called out WHY they did this just before earnings in the note-

"Rather than wait for what we expect to be a clearly cautious outlook for FY24, we wanted to mark-to-market our FY24 and FY25 estimates ahead of time."

I mean, they specifically called out WHY they did this just before earnings in the note-

"Rather than wait for what we expect to be a clearly cautious outlook for FY24, we wanted to mark-to-market our FY24 and FY25 estimates ahead of time."
It's so they can drop it further end of the week saying the outlook was "worse than expected"

But why? They can't wait 2 days?!? Really?!?
Why risk looking like a fool, except that they know that nobody is held accountable when they spew FUD....

My TOS app works for both TDA and schwab, so I don't think there's any further issue.
From Schwab engineering folks I’ve spoken with out here TOS for legacy TDA customers is NOT going away until they are fully migrated to SCHW. the app is going to START with a rebrand, and then possibly an integration, but the first priority for integration is only to integrate it INTO SCHW Backend.

For me, I’m a legacy TDA for about 20% (low 7) of AUM, been a TOS user for 15+ years, MY migration from TDA to SCHW isn’t occurring till 5/31/24…so take that for whatever it is worth. I have both from calls and correspondence from TDA so hopefully, that is how it will roll out.