Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That does seem desperate but maybe they have to go above and beyond so no one says they didn't make efforts for full-disclosure to all shareholders?
Either way, I'd definitely call that number (it's a legit Tesla number: Contacts - Tesla) and mention/ask about our retail concerns.
Yes, I did call. It is not a scam. It is a recording asking if I have questions about the vote.

I understand what you are stating, covering all bases, but this is just too far in my opinion.

As many people have already stated, where was/is the board when Elon tweets at all hours on stuff he should not be tweeting about. You are allowed your opinion, but when you represent tesla, your 1st responsibility is your fiduciary duty to all stock holders, it is not to rant about anything else. And where was the board when Elon was selling to buy Twitter. I voted for his pay package, he deserves it and it was already approved, but what is going on now is BS.

I am not going to rant too much but every year, FSD is right around the corner, but FSD is still a long way off, yet they keep pumping like it will happen this year…it is not! Too many tesla fanbois drinking the kool-aid on this and Elon can do no wrong, and it is concerning that these hodlers, at all costs, are buying into this without doing their own analysis.
I have not really questioned all of my shares before as TSLA has done very well for me since buying in early 2013, but I am questioning my shares, Elon and Tesla now.

There is no world where I would ever answer, or respond to a call or VM like this. God help the poor schlub who calls them back, maybe gives a few verifying credentials, last four of SS#, maybe where your shares are held. Who knows what they could do. With Schwab having moved to final verification of identity to “my voice is my password” (sneakers anyone?) it wouldn’t take much from a recorded call to put enough of this together to authenticate.

I’m probably overthinking that, but well that’s what I’ve been trained to do. We’re in a whole new world these days with spoofing, fishing, phishing, voice emulating, credential stuffing. We gotta figure this stuff out fast or the quantum computing AI is going to break every password we have.
I let it go to VM as I don’t answer phone numbers I do not know, but after hearing the VM, I did call back to see if this was “real”. You just get another recording stating that this was about the TSLA vote and to answer any questions, which I did not have, and I hung up. And, of course, I would never give any information out, just curious as I could not believe they are now making calls on this vote. Smells like real desperation.

Reactions: Jim Holder
Yes, I did call. It is not a scam. It is a recording asking if I have questions about the vote.

I understand what you are stating, covering all bases, but this is just too far in my opinion.

As many people have already stated, where was/is the board when Elon tweets at all hours on stuff he should not be tweeting about. You are allowed your opinion, but when you represent tesla, your 1st responsibility is your fiduciary duty to all stock holders, it is not to rant about anything else. And where was the board when Elon was selling to buy Twitter. I voted for his pay package, he deserves it and it was already approved, but what is going on now is BS.

I am not going to rant too much but every year, FSD is right around the corner, but FSD is still a long way off, yet they keep pumping like it will happen this year…it is not! Too many tesla fanbois drinking the kool-aid on this and Elon can do no wrong, and it is concerning that these hodlers, at all costs, are buying into this without doing their own analysis.
I have not really questioned all of my shares before as TSLA has done very well for me since buying in early 2013, but I am questioning my shares, Elon and Tesla now.
Completely reasonable to feel that way. We can appreciate more why normal CEO’s keep their mouth shut in the public sphere for the large part.

Now we need to focus on how to profit off the mayhem. That’ll keep things on track.

Problems with peoples hedging against a distant threat like Elon leaving, is it creates a temporarily crowded trade. 4 weeks till the vote. plenty of time for them to be bagged. if tomorrow we go down to 171 first, I'll close out half my put spreads.
Yeah... just like any kind of insurance, insuring against the inevitable gets expensive and leads to a distorted market. One man's peril is another's opportunity though I guess. Personally I am still stuck being unwilling to play either side of the trade in Tesla right now. I should just take the loss on my June calls now rather than deal with whatever happens later. (My break-even point on them is around $260, so there really is no strategic benefit IMO.)

That we only hear from the aloof BOD now when they need us and not when we were going through pain in 2022 and 2023, etc. is coming home to roost.
Like any healthy relationship, if they would only communicate that things will be "better and different" here on out that would help assuage legit concerns. I'm sure there's a way for them to do so without legal entanglements (which they are already in anyway).

Maybe we're also getting a glimpse of why Zack left when he did...
Yeah, the board has been doing nothing but cashing in their huge options checks while letting Elon ruin his own and Tesla's reputation and destroying shareholder value.

What is the board getting compensated for? Why is Denholm raking in hundreds of millions while shareholders are bleeding?

TSLA looks mixed today, but bottom row (puts sold below bid) implies bullish:

1) Bought above ask: 58% Put buying=Bearish
2) Sold below bid: 93% Aggressive Put selling=Bullish

1716296920460.png

Legend how to read (thanks @Yoona!)

Bought above ask:
Red dominates - Aggressive put buying=Bearish
Green dominates - Aggressive call buying=Bullish

Bought on ask:
Red dominates - Put buying=Bearish
Green dominates - Call buying=Bullish

Midmarket:
Red dominates - Put buying=Neutral (?)
Green dominates - Call buying=Neutral (?)

Sold on bid line:
Red dominates - Put selling=Bullish
Green dominates - Call selling=Bearish

Sold below bid:
Red dominates - Aggressive Put selling=Bullish
Green dominates - Aggressive Call selling=Bearish

1716296198316.png

Let's see if the +GEX accumulation (purple) is enough to pull it to the right (up):

1716296264475.png

Last edited:
TSLA looks mixed today, but bottom row (puts sold below bid) implies bullish:

1) Bought above ask: 58% Put buying=Bearish
2) Sold below bid: 93% Aggressive Put selling=Bullish

View attachment 1049116

Legend how to read (thanks @Yoona!)

Bought above ask:
Red dominates - Aggressive put buying=Bearish
Green dominates - Aggressive call buying=Bullish

Bought on ask:
Red dominates - Put buying=Bearish
Green dominates - Call buying=Bullish

Midmarket:
Red dominates - Put buying=Neutral (?)
Green dominates - Call buying=Neutral (?)

Sold on bid line:
Red dominates - Put selling=Bullish
Green dominates - Call selling=Bearish

Sold below bid:
Red dominates - Aggressive Put selling=Bullish
Green dominates - Aggressive Call selling=Bearish

View attachment 1049110

Let's see if the +GEX accumulation (purple) is enough to pull it to the right (up):

View attachment 1049111

Changed at open:

Aggressive Call selling=Bearish

1716298717825.png

• Informative
Reactions: 2Pearls