Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Safest way is wait for the pullback and go Long via call spread into August.

Ratio can improve if go closer into July.

For those daring doing a Put Spread for the pullback can also be feasible, but the upside is not as much as the Call Spread.

View attachment 1051088
to be clear I am building a put position. I want to see pain before buying calls.

dl003 said: Added back 30% of what I took off the table yesterday around 187.6, 170/165 put spreads exp 6/7. Will add more next week if the cost makes sense.

Here's how +P170/-P165 6/7 looks in OptionStrat:

1716844437753.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Surfer of Life
Whisper is Troy’s delivery estimate is ~415,000 for Q2 as of now, based on improvements with China and US sales.

Yup though that seems more on the back of Model 3 finally getting back to normal production rate in Fremont, while CT remains below the levels some folks in the other thread seem to think it's at... -and would still be quite substantially down from Q2 last year- the other thing is a 1H total deliveries only adding up to to ~800k makes not having a whole year decline an exceedingly tough lift.

Yup though that seems more on the back of Model 3 finally getting back to normal production rate in Fremont, while CT remains below the levels some folks in the other thread seem to think it's at... -and would still be quite substantially down from Q2 last year- the other thing is a 1H total deliveries only adding up to to ~800k makes not having a whole year decline an exceedingly tough lift.

What's the CT number, last I heard was like 1400/week?

don't be fooled

Very interesting. One question: Does any MM really have enough $$ to push the market around like that?

I believe we have a former MM member in our forum here (@EVNow?) who said it’s impossible.

(Though that consolidation range and break out slap down sure looks like our good ole’ TSLA chart.)

That's based on dude guessing from drone footage of parking lots in Texas.

Troy is using actual VIN registration data, and it's still sub-1k--- his latest stuff is paid so I'm not gonna be super specific beyond that.
Based on drone footage though it is pretty clear they are averaging well over 1k/week, although there was a bit of a reduction with the accelerator pedal issue. I don't think the CT deliveries will be material for another quarter though; 12 vs 24k is still a nothingburger.
Safest way is wait for the pullback and go Long via call spread into August.
So stay out until after delivery numbers are in? I think I am planning to go short until a week or so before Q2 earnings report. (I still have too many TSLA shares so I guess it is really more of a hedge than being short.) I'll wait and see how things open tomorrow though before committing-- I want to see 183 again first.

Very interesting. One question: Does any MM really have enough $$ to push the market around like that?

I believe we have a former MM member in our forum here (@EVNow?) who said it’s impossible.

(Though that consolidation range and break out slap down sure looks like our good ole’ TSLA chart.)
I didn't watch the video but MM's do not have the power to move the market around long term. They can do it short term and have several levers to pull to do it.

TSLA is negative over 3 years while the market is at ATH. That is not MM's that is TSLA being trash.

There have been several that have done this. One most recent and notable was SoftBank fund X

Last edited:
Based on drone footage though it is pretty clear they are averaging well over 1k/week,

No, based on guesses from brief looks via drone footage someone speculated it was that much.

Actual VIN data says otherwise.

This could be a lagging indicator if it's like "Well, guessing at current run rate based on footage today gives a higher number than VIN data that's going to be a week or two old"

But VIN data as recently as a week or two ago shows the typical run rate has been under 1k at least through the end of that reporting period, whatever the drone guys guesses based on counting parking lot cars when his drone is up might be.

That said- you're right it's not especially material- Elon told us it wouldn't be material throughout the entire year. Folks keep speculating though and they seem to keep doing so in excess of the available hard VIN data.

No, based on guesses from brief looks via drone footage someone speculated it was that much.

Actual VIN data says otherwise.
This is based on my personal observations from obsessively watching drone footage. There is about 50-75% more activity with production now than there was when they hit 1k. There are a few variables that can't be factored out reliably on a week-to-week or day-to-day basis, but the averages seem to hold.

The VIN data isn't as reliable as many make it out to be; this has been seen multiple quarters before. During the Y ramp VIN values over-stated production; early in the CT production it was under-reported. There is some latitude with how they are registered apparently.

But, utimately it is speculation on all ends. None of us will know until there are concrete numbers provided.

Reactions: elasalle