Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+6% in Frankfurt 😂 all based on nothing... well that's TSLA for you, news trumps fundamentals!
What’s your plan with your 182.5s?

I had every intention of buying back my 185s at some point today. Thanks Elon!

Do I just take the L for the week and close at the open? Let her ride and hope the MMs will take control of the situation and either end the week under 185 or at least give us a quick and steep dip to exit positions? Or just roll out and hopefully up as there’s nothing good on the way as far as fundamentals are concerned. Also, could always just exit the game at 185.

What’s your plan with your 182.5s?

I had every intention of buying back my 185s at some point today. Thanks Elon!

Do I just take the L for the week and close at the open? Let her ride and hope the MMs will take control of the situation and either end the week under 185 or at least give us a quick and steep dip to exit positions? Or just roll out and hopefully up as there’s nothing good on the way as far as fundamentals are concerned. Also, could always just exit the game at 185.
Don't know yet - didn't expect to close out today anyway as IV will normally stay elevated until the crush tomorrow... which actually bring the possibility for a roll up and out... on the other hand, I'm break-evens this week up to $188.50, so see where it goes, might be able to just close-out the week with a small loss, then go wider for next week to make up that

In any case, P&D in three weeks is likely to be bad, and part of me is also tempted to just roll the 182.50's - maybe I'll take a free roll up, if there is one, then write -p180's (as I still have 200x -p150's to play with, might as well take benefit of those for the next few weeks at least)

• Helpful
Reactions: phantasms
Pre-Market OT:

Yes, TMC-ers are real people... we actual meet in person and can truly call ourselves friends. So far I've met with @NYC_Andre (I think he had a different user name here than on Twitter, and he sadly passed away last year, lovely guy), @NicoV & wife , @Cobos & wife, last week it was @SebastianR in Copenhagen and yesterday had the pleasure to meet up with @redan an done of his daughters here in Brussels to share a couple (ahem!) nice beers together (rather too many in my case, but I think I behaved myself), really nice folks!

Up next @Yoona and @OrthoSurg in Montreal!

Love the Tesla community and it's so therapeutic to share essentially the same sob storied of riches gained and lost with fellow investors/traders ❤️

1718279941353.png

Join the club, I have been trading SMCI & even with it's volatility it seems so much easier due to the lack of noise

I keep selling puts SMCI and making decent money... I am not sure about owning the stock because I haven't done any research. NVDA seems like is too late to own and I was waiting for that $650 price target that never happened to load up. I should had keep the NVDA shares that I sold at $780 :(.

Earlier this week, there were new reports that the post-shareholder TSLA move was indicated a +/- 7%

Is that number taken from the previous week's close, or the day of the meeting, the day of the article? Any ideas anyone??

Pretty high volume in pre-market, is it short covering? They go caught-out by Musk spilling the beans??

Reactions: FireMedic
I was talking to a patient yesterday who saw my Tesla in the parking lot and asked me questions about supercharging and how it worked, he is planning to buy an Audi Q6 étron because he doesn’t like Elon.
I am wondering how many buyers were pushed back by all that drama. Must be significant.
Tell him to drive both first :)

Paging @BornToFly - your boatloads of cheapo +200C is getting close buddy :)

They were .40c the other day. Should double in values if the overnight gains hold. Be ready.

IMO any furthur pump will await for Elon’s speech and Tesla moving forward guidances.
So I bought those after Monday's drop expecting a rebound on Tuesday. Instead we went Red on Tuesday and those calls were at an even bigger loss. So when they went a little Green yesterday I sold them for a tiny profit. I didn't think the results would come out at 2 dte instead of at tonight's meeting. I also SOLD 202.5CCs yesterday near the high. I was pretty proud of myself for nailing it. Planned to close them today before the results of the votes came out tonight....

I was talking to a patient yesterday who saw my Tesla in the parking lot and asked me questions about supercharging and how it worked, he is planning to buy an Audi Q6 étron because he doesn’t like Elon.
I am wondering how many buyers were pushed back by all that drama. Must be significant.
While their maybe a few people dumb enough to buy an inferior car because they don't like the CEO of Tesla, and instead buy a car from companies that cheat on their emissions, their crash tests, or lobby to sell more ICE, and whose actions literally KILL people (you have to people a special kind of idiot to make that logic work), there are people who understand how special Elon is and what he has done for the world and humanity. Saw a lady driving this car the other day and I had to take a picture.

Image 3.jpeg

Last edited:
seems like some short covering - I know I was not expecting the tweet (was planning on closing the -C185s before the mtg today) - but thats what keeps this interesting

hopefully DL003 is feeling better about things - seems to be playing out pretty much like his prediction
So what now; do we take off (up) without the expected $5 - %7 dip?

Also-
...struggle going on right now - lets see which HF wins
Horse Feathers? Hiller/Furrower? "HF" isn't the glossary...

Last edited:
So I bought those after Monday's drop expecting a rebound on Tuesday. Instead we went Red on Tuesday and those calls were at an even bigger loss. So when they went a little Green yesterday I sold them for a tiny profit. I didn't think the results would come out at 2 dte instead of at tonight's meeting. I also SOLD 202.5CCs yesterday near the high. I was pretty proud of myself for nailing it. Planned to close them today before the results of the votes came out tonight....
probably safe, there is also gap fill below 185.75
1718285496326.png

Reactions: BornToFly
Alright everyone, I just saved all your calls. I rolled my 185s to the monthly 7/19 200s for $2 credit. This all but ensures the stock will close at 179 this week. 😆

My kid's last day of school is today. I figured paying myself handsomely for a month break to enjoy myself wouldn't be a terrible idea.

@Max Plaid if you need a place to crash we're only a couple hours south of Montreal. :)

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 9.49.10 AM.png

Last edited: