Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sending navigation destinations remote to car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

holmgang

Sep 9, 2019
eu
1. Is it possible to send destinations from Google Maps desktop, instead of just Google Maps smartphone app?

2. Recently, I've had an issue where the car receives the destination signal, but cant find the actual destination on the map.

(a) often it mixes up the street address with the city. if the car is City A, and the destination address is in City B, when i get to the car the search pop-up (middle of screen)will show Street Address [number], City A, Country.... and hence it cannot locate the actual destination

(b) i'll leave the Street Address alone, but change the City and post code to the correct one, but it still cannot locate the actual destination

Luckily I can just manually key in the address using the Navigation button on top left of the UI, and it is ultra-fast... but still would like to fire off destinations directly from my phone,

Calendar sync does it. Even starts the navigation automatically when you get in the car.
Yep, just tried this for the first time today. Have my google calendar and apple calendar linked together so now my M3 has all the times/locations on navigation screen.

Kind of nice I didn’t really have to get in the middle of everyone linking to each other, I just kind of stepped out of the way while they do their thing:)

This thread is a bit old, but I am looking for the same thing, sending a destination from google maps on my laptop to the car. I don't see anything relating to Tesla on the laptop while it can be done in the phone. It seems rather cumbersome to require using the phone as an intermediary.

Of course, I can do this from ABRP easily, but it knows my car's contact info.