Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode and Playback not working after update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lynnpt2001

Cookie Monster MX & M3
Sep 9, 2015
Greencastle PA
Received V11 last night on the Model 3, not I cannot get camera or sentry mode icon on screen nor playback option to work. Says playback unavailable. Formatted the drive, reboot the car 2 times, still no visual of the cameras from phone anymore as well? Anyone else having this issue?

Figured this out, we were watching video clips the day of the upgrade. After the update my SSD is toast. Did the upgrade cause this? Not sure but quite a coinscidence. Took the swapped drives with the MX works great, my drive placed in the X no good, won't work attached to the PC either....

Figured this out, we were watching video clips the day of the upgrade. After the update my SSD is toast. Did the upgrade cause this? Not sure but quite a coinscidence. Took the swapped drives with the MX works great, my drive placed in the X no good, won't work attached to the PC either....
We never upgrade with drive plugged in. Heard some info about file being corrupted or car getting confused right after upgrade — wasnt sure how true but figured we should unplug just because we can.

Anyhow, my question is — I can’t fond where to view the clips in v11. Tips?

Received V11 last night on the Model 3, not I cannot get camera or sentry mode icon on screen nor playback option to work. Says playback unavailable. Formatted the drive, reboot the car 2 times, still no visual of the cameras from phone anymore as well? Anyone else having this issue?
I can’t even find where to view the clips. Where do we go? I tried SAFETY and found only delete dashcam clips.

Seems likely to be a coincidence, nothing different about an upgrade from the perspective of the USB ports vs the car turning on and off normally.

I had the same problem and actually set up a service visit. However, just now I was playing around and decided to do the only thing I could which was to “format USB drive” in the safety screen. I can use dashcam and find Sentry videos.

• Informative
Reactions: tdeno
A tiny bit of progress but not 100% back to normal. I formatted the Tesla issued USB drive in my Mac using the built in Disk Utility program and used FAT32 file system when formatting. I retained the original drive name but I read you can use any value. After formatting I made a folder named TeslaCam. I then put the car in sentry mode and triggered the mode a few times. Now the Sentry Mode menu is not greyed out but car only seems to display the first event in the menu. I can playback the event. New events do not appear at all.

I am experiencing the same issue with Sentry mode. Will get an alert that an event occurred; however, cannot view. Did a few things to try and resolve, such as rebooting, re-formating the drive. None of these steps helped. I contacted service and made an appointment. Was able to take a few photos with my phone to include with the ticket. Another thing to note, but not sure it's related. I have one sentry event that was captured on the local storage (not the USB). I think it was an alarm event. You cannot delete these, even though the UI leads you to believe you can.

I suspect it is a bug introduced in v11.

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
Took my car to service station yesterday. Tech mentioned he had heard that having anything plugged in to the usb-c ports seems to be disrupting Sentry mode functionality. I did have a phone charger chord plugged in but not charging a phone. Anyhow my car is in the shop for a week. Tech said they will try sentry mode while car is in shop now that nothing is plugged in to usb-c.

I'm having the issue where it says I have sentry events, but can no longer click on this notification to get to the viewer. No other menu allows me to see it either. Is also coming up with random numbers like "414 events occured". Have formatted the drive in car and on computer. Bought a Samsung T7 SSD, worked for a few days, then same issue again

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
I'm having the issue where it says I have sentry events, but can no longer click on this notification to get to the viewer. No other menu allows me to see it either. Is also coming up with random numbers like "414 events occured". Have formatted the drive in car and on computer. Bought a Samsung T7 SSD, worked for a few days, then same issue again
I get my car back next Friday and this issue is listed as an item Tesla will be looking at. Service advisor said he had heard of the issue being mentioned by a few car owners who brought car to the shop recently. Tesla service advisor said he had heard reports that anything plugged in to ubb-c ports would cause the sentry mode issues described in my original post. I’ve not been able to test that theory since car has been in service center.

I get my car back next Friday and this issue is listed as an item Tesla will be looking at. Service advisor said he had heard of the issue being mentioned by a few car owners who brought car to the shop recently. Tesla service advisor said he had heard reports that anything plugged in to ubb-c ports would cause the sentry mode issues described in my original post. I’ve not been able to test that theory since car has been in service center.
I've never plugged anything into the usb-c ports. Nothing plugged into anything except the SSD for sentry. Glad they're looking into it, hopefully it'll be an over the Air fix

I’ve got the same issues with my Model S refresh running v11. Shows tons of sentry events, though when I go to view them there is nothing. I’ve tried everything mentioned above. Got to the point where I figured mice were somehow triggering the sentry constantly overnight, filling up the thumb drive and corrupting it lol.

Strange - I though Tesla sentry mode would be solid by now. This is my first Tesla.

Dan

I’ve got the same issues with my Model S refresh running v11. Shows tons of sentry events, though when I go to view them there is nothing. I’ve tried everything mentioned above. Got to the point where I figured mice were somehow triggering the sentry constantly overnight, filling up the thumb drive and corrupting it lol.

Strange - I though Tesla sentry mode would be solid by now. This is my first Tesla.

Dan
I am still waiting for a fix. I create a service ticket and included some photos I took with my phone. They are working on it, but haven't given any update.

I am still waiting for a fix. I create a service ticket and included some photos I took with my phone. They are working on it, but haven't given any update.
I reported the same. My car is being worked on by Tesla Service Center & a body shop they sent my car to for panel alignments issues. No works back about the sentry cam issues but Service Advisor had heard of issue recently. I’ll probably get my car back in 2 days and might have more info.

Reactions: MNDan
They fixed my issue ultimately by reloading the last major firmware package (after trying a new drive, formatting, double scroll wheel,etc…). Took an hour or so but the sentry mode is now working. I think my numerous entries had to do with a Mylar balloon in the garage. Whoops.