Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode did not record rear getting hit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

So my rear bumper got hit and I have no idea how since it’s always in a parking lot. I checked the cameras and didn’t see any event record. I can confirm sentry mode was on but nothing.

I appreciate any help!

Attachments

• A94018CF-7F12-483B-B27A-DFE255E2D315.jpeg
    A94018CF-7F12-483B-B27A-DFE255E2D315.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 101
Not sure what your post-valet check is, but it sounds like you valet fairly frequently. If that is the case, and you don't do a thorough inspection, my bet would be on the valet. Since car was not in park, sentry mode would not be activated and would not have recorded anything. Too many moving parts here for it to be clearly something that happened when sentry mode was active.

Definitely a weird shape. I would peruse around the lot/garage that you parked in looking for something bizarre sticking out of a wall or something. A piece of metal at just that height, sticking out of some concrete. What's the reason there's a valet? Is it because the garage is beat, full of potholes, and hard to drive in? (e.g. narrow). I've seen places like that.