Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"sentry mode disabled due to sentry system error" ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_E1651[1].JPG
IMG_E1651[1].JPG
has anyone seen this ?

Me too have been using sentry for months. this is the first time I have seen it. I restarted the system "brake plus two scroll wheels" and sentry came back online. I also noticed this morning I wasn't able to use autopilot/ cruise. it would say "cruise not available" when clear lane markings were present. I didnt get chance to check the video files before and after.

I've gotten this twice today on my S (and this forum is the only hit when I google the error), never had it before. I haven't rebooted, but I was able to restart it once through the app and once by tapping the icon on the screen. I checked the videos and saw nothing out of the ordinary, not even anyone walking by.

D26C944D-EF5E-456D-AF04-8B44F28F8F12.jpeg
Same here: first time last night.

Haven't investigated the drive contents yet but suspect this isn't related to the vehicle but something else instead… like perhaps the Sentry Mode servers were offline at the time (or encountered some regression if they recently updated the Sentry Mode back end software) triggering the error if the vehicle couldn't upload the last error to the cloud ‍♂️

Received the same message after I upgraded to 2019.24.4. All the files on the thumb drive were blank and 1k in length. Submitted a service request and they escalated to engineering. They responded today that the issue will be fixed in a future firmware release. Until then I don't have sentry or dashcam. :-(

M3 LR RWD vin 249xx

I upgraded to the latest version on my Model X (Version 2019.32.11 bac8c51) and have received this error twice since then. I reformatted my thumb drive last night thinking that was the problem, but got the error message again this morning.

Just received this message for the first tome on 32.11. My car has the upgrade 32.11.1 to install but that is pending. Will install that over night and will hopefully resolve the issue. One thing to not when I got the message I opened the app and saw that my wife was getting back into the car. So maybe sentry mode just wasn’t shutdown gracefully (??)