Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode in Australia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I
You still won't get it as it will be limited to AP2.5 vehicles due to the different cameras which unfortunately are after yours (and mine.) Basically if you can get Teslacam now you'll be able to get sentry mode when it hits here.
I thought full self drive was available for AP 2.5 only, so if Bena has purchased that, then the camera’s will still be there.
I’m still waiting for doggy mode on one of my model s. The othernrecieved it 2 weeks ago. Sentry is after doggy mode....

You still won't get it as it will be limited to AP2.5 vehicles due to the different cameras which unfortunately are after yours (and mine.) Basically if you can get Teslacam now you'll be able to get sentry mode when it hits here.

Is this not at least debatable? Surely with the HW3 upgrade the restrictions due to processor speed will be lifted and AP2.0 vehicles should then belatedly get both Dashcam and SM features?

I thought full self drive was available for AP 2.5 only

No, it's also for AP2.0 vehicles, even though they have different cameras & wiring.

Is this not at least debatable? Surely with the HW3 upgrade the restrictions due to processor speed will be lifted and AP2.0 vehicles should then belatedly get both Dashcam and SM features?
Debatable? We don't get Teslacam, so how are we supposed to get sentry cam? This isn't a processor speed issue; it IS the lack of colour cameras as far as we have surmised ad nauseam on other threads.

I thought full self drive was available for AP 2.5 only, so if Bena has purchased that, then the camera’s will still be there.
I’m still waiting for doggy mode on one of my model s. The othernrecieved it 2 weeks ago. Sentry is after doggy mode....
AP2 cameras are only grey and red. AP2.5 have colour cameras. Full Self Drive will still be doable with grey cameras, but video footage from them is not so great for human consumption. Personally I'd still be happy with grey and red, but I'm guessing they don't want a bad reputation from them or something...

I thought full self drive was available for AP 2.5 only
AP2 cameras are only grey and red. AP2.5 have colour cameras. Full Self Drive will still be doable with grey cameras, but video footage from them is not so great for human consumption. Personally I'd still be happy with grey and red, but I'm guessing they don't want a bad reputation from them or something...

Hmmmn, yeah, there would be no technical reason why it should not be recordable, so you could be right about them simply not wanting the relatively crappy AP2.0 footage to be seen, thus provoking an avalanche of calls from those with FSD option for sensor upgrades to AP2.5 [whose quality is also nothing to write home about].

I have just taken delivery of a Model M today. Still no Sentry Model available. I have heard that Model 3's have gotten it already. I guess S & M owners just have to wait................
If you have bought a model M you will never get sentry mode or indeed any other feature. Tesla dont make a model M. There are also no known operational model 3’s in australia, so they dont have it either.

I am also eagerly waiting for sentry/dog mode.

I was checking what other people in Australia have on Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App. Select the

Updates by Model/Build/Countries (model-countries)

Section.

Then search for Australia.

I did this today and found the highest version was 2018.50.6.

Dog mode is a 2019 release.

My wife’s model s has had doggy mode for a couple of weeks (no sentry mode). We recieved both cars at the same time and are identical other than colour and wheels.....and yet I’m still waiting for mine.
She has 2019.8.1, so not sure that your source is so good.

• Informative
Reactions: Shock-On-T
Got the 2019.8.3 update today includes Sentry Mode, Dog Mode, TeslaCam now uses 2 side repeater cameras, improved auto lane change, location based auto-folding mirrors and what seems to be improved lane & vehicle detection on the instrument cluster.
One of my model S got 8.1 a few weeks ago with doggy and mirrors. Tesla must have abandoned that rollout. 8.3 in europe on model 3 is recieving what you got plus dynamic brake lights and nav on autopilot. Great that doggy, sentry, and expanded cam is rolling out here though.
If you open the aircon app, which is hideously fiddly on a bumpy road, you will note that seat heating is already open. No need to press another button first.

Last edited:
Received the 2019.8.3 upgrade this morning. It comes with the Sentry mode. Tested it this morning. It started recording on the side and forward cameras as soon as someone approached the car. A cool feature. But the big red panic button displayed on centre console screen may draw unnecessary attention.

The update notes said footage will be uploaded to Tesla for temp storage. Do you know if this is really the case and how can I retrieve it (in case I have the USB key removed beforehand).

On the new side cameras Dashcam, I have noticed quite a few corrupted files for the left side camera. Either having 0 byte files or the bottom half of the captured videos covers by a green band. What is the experience of others?