Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode not recording events

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
they blamed it on my aftermarket SSD not being correctly formatted and that it works fine with the factory USB stick..

They also didn't address the original fitment concern that was the reason for the service visit. I complained about the A-pillar panel not being flush with the fender on the drivers side and they adjusted b-pillar trim on the passenger side... WTH?
View attachment 671209View attachment 671210
Are you saying the Sentry Mode issue resolved? What was the reolution?

I am having same issue. Picked up my model y may 30. I had like 30 sentry recordings on June 1 for no apparent reason then nothing after that. Only once my wife waited in the car she opened the door and alarm went off then. I have couple sentry recordings, otherwise I literally jumped on the car when locked , nothing happens.

I just got my Model Y on 5/27 and I love it so far.. I set up a 500GB SSD drive for the cameras and Sentry mode and the car records just fine while I'm driving but I can't get Sentry mode to work.. I tried to approach my car without my phone or key and tried to act like I'm breaking into the car and when I tried to review my Sentry Camera recordings, there were no recordings in the SENTRY folder. I verified all the settings and they are set up correctly and sentry mode shows active on the APP when I walk away from the car except for home as home is excluded from sentry mode. Does anybody have any idea why Sentry mode isn't recording anything???View attachment 670144View attachment 670145
I’m having the same issue; also delivered on 5/27. Using the usb stick that came with the car- it saves dashcam footage. But I haven’t even gotten a single notification from sentry mode

Reactions: FloridaSun
So, I went to Tampa SC in my lunch break and I was able to get someone to look at my issue with SENTRY mode.. The technician (Kyle) was super nice and we tried the Sentry mode. Turns out it was user error on my part. When I was testing Sentry mode, I would turn on sentry mode, lock the car and then disconnect bluetooth so that the phone key isn't connected. Then I went and tried to open the car, shake the car etc. and never an event was recorded.. Turns out that Sentry only activates after a couple of minutes.. You actually have to walk away and stay away from the car, then come back and try to access it without a key and I can confirm that using that technique, the Sentry mode recorded the event.. I'm all good now!

I have a Samsung T7 SSD which is very fast and high quality..
I did try the provided USB stick and it is not recording Sentry either
Ive been having the same issue with sentry mode not working. (Not getting any alerts). My service appointment was this morning and the guy was trying to figure It out. He used a new drive, rebooted the car, everything. Nothing worked. He then called a technician to ask for advice and was told that my model (delivery end of may 2021) was some of the first with no radar so it wont work for a while until new updates.

Im skeptical, but i took his word for it. Hope that it will kick back in soon with a future update and nothing is actually wrong.

Reactions: Gor-Gor
Ive been having the same issue with sentry mode not working. (Not getting any alerts). My service appointment was this morning and the guy was trying to figure It out. He used a new drive, rebooted the car, everything. Nothing worked. He then called a technician to ask for advice and was told that my model (delivery end of may 2021) was some of the first with no radar so it wont work for a while until new updates.

Im skeptical, but i took his word for it. Hope that it will kick back in soon with a future update and nothing is actually wrong.
My tech told me that the Sentry mode has zero to do with radar.. It does seem that Sentry mode is not very sensitive.. He shook the car to cause Sentry to record an event..

I don’t think mine is working either. The first day it recorded 60+ events when I was parked in a public lot but hasn’t recorded a single event since. I find it hard to believe that no one has come close to my vehicle when out in public.

So, I went to Tampa SC in my lunch break and I was able to get someone to look at my issue with SENTRY mode.. The technician (Kyle) was super nice and we tried the Sentry mode. Turns out it was user error on my part. When I was testing Sentry mode, I would turn on sentry mode, lock the car and then disconnect bluetooth so that the phone key isn't connected. Then I went and tried to open the car, shake the car etc. and never an event was recorded.. Turns out that Sentry only activates after a couple of minutes.. You actually have to walk away and stay away from the car, then come back and try to access it without a key and I can confirm that using that technique, the Sentry mode recorded the event.. I'm all good now!
I picked up my M3 Long Rage Thursday and my sentry mode is not triggering. Dashcam works even though it skips forward randomly when viewing recordings but it works. I’ve tried everything from formatting the 128gb drive that comes with the car, rebooting the car, turning sentry mode on then locking the car and leaving my phone inside the house with bluetooth on and going back to it to try triggering it but nothing. When I try opening the door it says to place key to unlock but no sentry mode recording is taken. Exclusions are turned off and of course sentry mode is on. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I picked up my M3 Long Rage Thursday and my sentry mode is not triggering. Dashcam works even though it skips forward randomly when viewing recordings but it works. I’ve tried everything from formatting the 128gb drive that comes with the car, rebooting the car, turning sentry mode on then locking the car and leaving my phone inside the house with bluetooth on and going back to it to try triggering it but nothing. When I try opening the door it says to place key to unlock but no sentry mode recording is taken. Exclusions are turned off and of course sentry mode is on. Any suggestions? Thanks!
No real fix. Software bug that they’re aware of and working on a fix they say.