Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode not recording events

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the same boat . There is an new software update today 6/16/21 v 2021.4.18.3 . I haven't downloaded it yet, any one tried it to see if it fixes sentry mode? I just got my MY LR yesterday and it doesn't trigger. Tried all the settings, reformat, etc.

I did yesterday. No change.
I’m in same boat. Then this morning in the span of 3 hours parked in the parking garage I had 170 “events”- most just shifting sunlight patterns- but this was the only time it’s triggered in the three weeks I’ve owned it, and when I deleted them all at lunch it didn’t record anything else. I reformatted the drive, and downloaded today’s update, and still nothing. So frustrating! The battery is draining from it being on!

Mine isn't working either. I turned it on then went inside my house and left my phone inside. After a few minutes, I walk up to my car without my phone and it still doesn't record. All the settings are on, both in the car and in the app. I did the update as well and no luck. I still have the original USB in the glovebox.

Hey guys! Wanted to share what I heard today. I had a mobile service appointment to replace my tail light that was scratched when I picked up my MY on Monday. I told the SA that sentry mode was not working on the car. He said my car is too new and by it being new and having 2021.4.18.3 software it won’t work. He said just wait a few more days when 2021.4.20 is released for my car then it should work. Haven’t heard that one yet and not sure if that’s even true but thought I would share. ☺️

Hey guys! Wanted to share what I heard today. I had a mobile service appointment to replace my tail light that was scratched when I picked up my MY on Monday. I told the SA that sentry mode was not working on the car. He said my car is too new and by it being new and having 2021.4.18.3 software it won’t work. He said just wait a few more days when 2021.4.20 is released for my car then it should work. Haven’t heard that one yet and not sure if that’s even true but thought I would share. ☺️
Thanks for sharing. I hope he's right!

Reactions: Nolegirl01
So, earlier today, I went with my family to Panera for about 40 minutes and when I came back, Sentry had recorded 40 one minute clips.. 1 minute per clip.. I checked all the clips and the only event was the car beside mine leaving..
20210620_234450.jpg

This is the clip with the event.. Nothing happened..

Last edited:
So, earlier today, I went with my family to Panera for about 40 minutes and when I came back, Sentry had recorded 40 one minute clips.. 1 minute per clip.. I checked all the clips and the only event was the car beside mine leaving..View attachment 675720

I get blips like this as well. Its weird.

Reactions: elguapo
So, earlier today, I went with my family to Panera for about 40 minutes and when I came back, Sentry had recorded 40 one minute clips.. 1 minute per clip.. I checked all the clips and the only event was the car beside mine leaving..View attachment 675720

Crazy. I have just turned my off until we get the fix. No need to frustrate myself lol.