Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode "screen saver?"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022MYP and parked next to a similar car recently.
I could see on their screen an active screen that said Sentry On.
My screen doesn't stay on when in sentry mode and doesn't respond if I walk up to the car without my phone or "key."
There are no flashing lights when people are close to the car either.
It does record some sentry events.
Is this a bug or is there a setting I can't find to activate the screen when in sentry mode?

Thanks for any input.

I think the screen showing that Sentry is recording only shows up when others trigger Sentry. If you walk up to your car with your phone key, you won't see the screen activate or Sentry record anything...which is good. In previous software versions there was a bug which would trigger Sentry when you returned to the car, opened a door or trunk. That's been fixed for a while now.

Reactions: BnGrm
That's what I thought should happen but I've tried walking up to my car with sentry on and my phone powered off and in the house and the key card in the house and the screen alert didn't come on. 🤷‍♂️

Also I saw you could get sentry alerts sent to your phone but I can't seem to get that to happen either.

Overall not a big deal, just wondering why the inconsistency.

That's what I thought should happen but I've tried walking up to my car with sentry on and my phone powered off and in the house and the key card in the house and the screen alert didn't come on. 🤷‍♂️

Also I saw you could get sentry alerts sent to your phone but I can't seem to get that to happen either.

Overall not a big deal, just wondering why the inconsistency.
I don't think you can get sentry alerts to your phone. If the alarm goes off, you will get phone notifications. They are two different security items.

No ideas on that one. If your doing this test at home, are you sure it's on? You can check the options in your security screen. There's an option for Sentry Mode to remain OFF at home. You might have that option turned on

When you're testing this, make sure you uncheck the box in the security submenu that says "Exclude home", otherwise it won't work even if you come up to the car without your key. Also, lock up the car.

As a follow up, I've figured out that when (at least on my car) I'm using "view live camera" on my app and I walk up to the car the screen is active and says "sentry activated" and the large eye is on the screen. Maybe this is how it's supposed to be. 🤷‍♂️

NOW I have a real issue. I can't view the sentry events or recordings on the screen. If I plug the drive into my Mac all the data is there and the clips are viewable. Anybody with ideas on this one?