Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode whacks autopilot, cruise control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dunno if this has happened to anyone else, but over the past 5 days, more and more pieces of the car's tech package have fallen off line. First the speed limits, then autopilot, then any lane lines or object detection, and then plain old cruise control. Just drives like a "dumb car" now. On 16.2 software

Piecing it together from some other posts, Teslacam sentry mode is to blame. Was able to recover full functionality by pulling the flash drive, turning off sentry mode in the dash controls, then powering off the car completely using the dash controls, waiting 3 minutes or so, and starting back up again.

Hope this gets fixed soon, as i really like Sentry mode.

Dunno if this has happened to anyone else, but over the past 5 days, more and more pieces of the car's tech package have fallen off line. First the speed limits, then autopilot, then any lane lines or object detection, and then plain old cruise control. Just drives like a "dumb car" now. On 16.2 software

Piecing it together from some other posts, Teslacam sentry mode is to blame. Was able to recover full functionality by pulling the flash drive, turning off sentry mode in the dash controls, then powering off the car completely using the dash controls, waiting 3 minutes or so, and starting back up again.

Hope this gets fixed soon, as i really like Sentry mode.

I had similar issues with a specific flash drive that seemed to be overheating (would almost burn my fingers when I took it out). Replaced it with a larger drive and things are better.