Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else have this problem: whenever I return to my Model 3 and an "incident has occurred" the teslacam icon shows grey X and teslacam stops working. I need to remove USB device and use PC to reset TeslaCam directory before it will work properly again.
Should I be reporting this for warranty service?
I wouldn't bother with warranty service. You might try using a different USB device to see if that works better. It could be the drive is going bad due to write cycles. I use the Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB Micro SDXC Card with a USB adapter, which is designed for dash cam applications. I also find it's most reliable when plugged into its own USB port and not on a USB hub.

I have had issue from day one on my right repeater camera I have also had issue when I have pressed record it and I get the download symbol of the downward arrow but yet when I look it up it is nowhere to be found.

No. The only control for Sentry Mode in the app is an On/Off switch.

Less than 90 days later and I've got everything I asked for here in Sentry mode: updates now allow you to set Sentry On all the time with esceptions for work/home/favorites - bam I pull into my driveway get out and sentry is on with nothing from me. At work inside security laden garage my exception limits vampire drain during my long workday. Love the evolution of this thing!

PS: I also now have sentry hey siri shortcuts although almost never need them! Remote S app has become Tesla Remote and has a slew of Hey Siri shortcuts that I use all the time ...