Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sept 2016 delivery 19 inch stock tires or snow tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi everyone! I have a September 2016 delivery model s and was wondering if the all seasons on it were adequate in the snow. We had our first southwestern Pennsylvania snow and it seemed to do pretty well. Would I be foolish to ride out winter with the stock tires? I've seen many opinions on here and was wondering if any experts with experience could chime in! I keep seeing the Michelin X-Ice Xi3 and nokian tires mentioned.

Last edited:
You emphatically should put on snow tires. The all season type tires are really no season as they are useless in all weather.
You will get much better traction on ice with Winter tires.
My new car came with the not so great and noisy Good Year tires and dealer agreed to put new Michelin Primacy on next spring, once the Winter Pirellis come off!

I'm in a bit of a quandary because I'll be heading south for a couple weeks where the temperature can get to 70. I have read that the Michelin X-Ice becomes mushy when it's above 45 and don't do so well on wet warm pavement. So far the Touring does real well on non-freezing wet pavement. I hope that the Tourings work well enough to get me home as I approach Milwaukee. I am flexible enough that I can avoid driving in a blizzard. I will probably end up getting the Lugano/Winter Sport 3D package for the rest of the winter, or just limit my driving to when the weather's nice.

• Informative
Reactions: fasteddie7