Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Serious Price FIxing SCAM new M3 Long range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm confused by the pricing.

I paid 35k for the car.

8k for long range rwd

1.5k for MSM paint

3k for AP.

47.5k all in.

With the new price changes, MSM might be 1k instead. And they didn't allow AP to drop, so it's still 3k.

So your price should be around 47k. And then there is still 1.2k dest plus tax.

I ended up paying around 52k or so.

So it Ended with a sad ending.
I Drive to the Tesla Tampa. ANd when I walk in they are just like NO we will not make any adjustments period. They had the car parked there and in my delirium for the love of Tesla. I went ahead and bought it at the new scammed price. Even while holding my order agreement in hand. I signed the paperwork and paid.
I go to look at the car, It's not been washed, it was covered in dust and dirt. So I couldn't get a real good look at it. I request they clean the car. They refused. I did the best I can Under the dimly lit area that they present the new cars at.
I drive off with the car thinking I'm a lucky girl...

Well, I got a LEMON. FOR 2 k MORE than what I thought I was paying.
Clips missing, the reason for dirty paint, well the paint was in terrible condition, dust ships were under the paint, not just over it. Door jams had no paint, windows not seated properly. I even had a mechanic do a decibel test. On the highway at 70. it was reaching 78.2 decibels. Which is the loudest reported model 3 Ive seen!

Now I have to send he back to live with all the other rejects M3's And I want to cry over her loss. Worst thing Is I paid way more for the most poorly built car I have ever seen come straight from the production line.

So it Ended with a sad ending.
I Drive to the Tesla Tampa. ANd when I walk in they are just like NO we will not make any adjustments period. They had the car parked there and in my delirium for the love of Tesla. I went ahead and bought it at the new scammed price. Even while holding my order agreement in hand. I signed the paperwork and paid.
I go to look at the car, It's not been washed, it was covered in dust and dirt. So I couldn't get a real good look at it. I request they clean the car. They refused. I did the best I can Under the dimly lit area that they present the new cars at.
I drive off with the car thinking I'm a lucky girl...

Well, I got a LEMON. FOR 2 k MORE than what I thought I was paying.
Clips missing, the reason for dirty paint, well the paint was in terrible condition, dust ships were under the paint, not just over it. Door jams had no paint, windows not seated properly. I even had a mechanic do a decibel test. On the highway at 70. it was reaching 78.2 decibels. Which is the loudest reported model 3 Ive seen!

Now I have to send he back to live with all the other rejects M3's And I want to cry over her loss. Worst thing Is I paid way more for the most poorly built car I have ever seen come straight from the production line.
I wonder why some service centers are so bad about detailing the cars before delivery.
The first impression goes a very long way.
Anyway, now you get to reorder with a real price that shouldn't change overnight. The mid range model discontinuing was the root cause of all this mess.
Ordering a long range AWD or SR+ should a transparent process.

Last edited:
Consumer rights in disputes with retailers

The sign in the store says the computer printer is $2.49, but it rang up at $249. Saying it was an error, the store is refusing to honor the posted price.

The law

It's generally a myth that retailers must honor a posted price if it's simply a mistake, although some stores might do so as a matter of policy or on a case-by-case basis. The issue gets murky if the retailer begins processing the order, something that is more likely to happen online, says Jane Winn, a professor at the University of Washington Law School. But even then, she says, a merchant might be able to cancel the purchase if the price was so low that a buyer should have known it was mistake. An online retailer's fine print may relieve it of the duty to fulfill orders based on pricing errors.

You should know
Businesses that intentionally post false prices or that otherwise engage in bait-and-switch pricing can be liable under federal and state consumer-protection statutes.

--------------------

Tesla "Motor Vehicle Order Agreement Vehicle Configuration" forgot to put in a fine print on the listed prices. It only has fine prints on unlisted prices such as taxes and registration fees.

what about scan guarantee laws or airlines honoring error fares?

what about scan guarantee laws or airlines honoring error fares?

Airlines do not have to honor ticket prices that were made in error.

Some may or probably do for PR reasons but it’s no law.

BA cancels passengers' cheap flights after discovering pricing 'error'

In fact, you can be forcibly removed off of existing flights. If you refuse, you get your ass beat and dragged off of the plane. This is exactly what happened here:

United Express Flight 3411 incident - Wikipedia

——

I upset a lot of people here because I argue for BOTH SIDES when disputes happen.

It’s possible for both sides to be wrong and be right when there is no true malice intended. Things are not always black and white and remember we usually only hear one side of a story.

In @MIDRANGEORDER case here is what I recommended:

Ask to return it or ask for concessions in lieu of returning it.

Also Model S loaner while it is fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: VQTRVA and 3Sweet
Airlines do not have to honor ticket prices that were made in error.

Some may or probably do for PR reasons but it’s no law.

BA cancels passengers' cheap flights after discovering pricing 'error'

In fact, you can be forcibly removed off of existing flights. If you refuse, you get your ass beat and dragged off of the plane. This is exactly what happened here:

United Express Flight 3411 incident - Wikipedia

——

I upset a lot of people here because I argue for BOTH SIDES when disputes happen.

It’s possible for both sides to be wrong and be right when there is no true malice intended. Things are not always black and white and remember we usually only hear one side of a story.

In @MIDRANGEORDER case here is what I recommended:

Ask to return it or ask for concessions in lieu of returning it.

Also Model S loaner while it is fixed.
OP already returned it.
Did I read it correctly?
It was somewhat confusing because of "he" and "her"...

Why do people think Tesla should be a charity????

Charity? There's a difference between giving folks a hand out.... vs false advertising & staying true to your word.

I'm not too sure what the chart was posted for? It's not related to the argument.

But since it's here...Tesla's cash flow is not my problem. Tesla misleading people, however, is a problem I care about. And Elon needs to address the issue.

Giving them a free pass due to their cash flow problems, seems similar to the Electric company giving you a free month because you lost your job. That is an example of charity. Pulling the "switch-a-roo" on the pricing, and not honoring the advertised price (not listing any expiration) is garbage.

Reactions: 3Sweet
Charity? There's a difference between giving folks a hand out.... vs false advertising & staying true to your word.

I'm not too sure what the chart was posted for? It's not related to the argument.

But since it's here...Tesla's cash flow is not my problem. Tesla misleading people, however, is a problem I care about. And Elon needs to address the issue.

Giving them a free pass due to their cash flow problems, seems similar to the Electric company giving you a free month because you lost your job. That is an example of charity. Pulling the "switch-a-roo" on the pricing, and not honoring the advertised price (not listing any expiration) is garbage.
If Tesla made a mistake quoting a price and decided to correct it is another matter than just randomly charging $2000 more overnight.
It sounds like the OP was provided the wrong price by Tesla amid the chaos created by discontinuation of midrange model after the order had been placed.
If the loan was signed and money was paid, it would be a different matter, IMO.

I think presenting a nice clean car as if it is a "brand new car" a basic skill that Tesla should be able to achieve by now.
And also I have read on this forum about taking a delivery in the parking lot in the rain.

My delivery took place indoor with very good lighting on a sunny morning.
It was like a large open room with high ceiling and it could fit about 5 cars.
Some Tesla stores are better than others, I guess.

...If Tesla made a mistake quoting a price and decided to correct it is another matter than just randomly charging $2000 more overnight...

That's the problem with off-the-menu pricing. The price of Rear Wheel Drive Model 3 is no longer published on the web for all to see so we have to take Tesla's words that their new higher secret price is the correct price.

And also I have read on this forum about taking a delivery in the parking lot in the rain.

My delivery took place indoor with very good lighting on a sunny morning.
It was like a large open room with high ceiling and it could fit about 5 cars.
Some Tesla stores are better than others, I guess.

Mine was outside, with a few other people. I really wanted to do it indoors - but, nonetheless - it was a beautiful day and a wonderful experience.

Mine was outside, with a few other people. I really wanted to do it indoors - but, nonetheless - it was a beautiful day and a wonderful experience.
I picked mine up at Tesla's mega delivery center in Fremont. Although it only had to be transported a short distance from the nearby factory, it was covered in a film of fine ash from the Camp Fire. We had to do the inspection out in the parking lot while donning N95 masks. Other than that, the car was nearly flawless (there was a nick on the wood dash trim which was noted and later replaced by a Mobile tech in my garage).

This entire post has all the tell tale signs of trolling and FUD. Ignoring the classic signs of improper english, grammar & syntax, very little of this story holds water.

Any Model 3 owner will tell you this car definitely exceeds the "feel" of a $35k vehicle.

MIDRANGEORDER == short seller ??

As a counter prospective, the model 3 blows away my Lexus IS350 , Dodge Viper or Chevy Corvette. I would recommend MIDRANGEORDER return his/her car with the "dust ships were under the paint" and spread his/her false stories elsewhere.

AZ-3 - I do tend to agree. My delivery experience was flawless and better than my S delivery 4 years ago (only because it was a home delivery). Black car that was actually clean - lasted 1 day....

But you never know. Although claiming "price-fixing" with only one company with 1% market share defies logic.

It would be helpful in this toxic environment to require reservation numbers or vin numbers to have a verified log-in. You could still post without verification but it would say "Un-Verified" under the screen name. Anything suspicious could be checked by monitors with Tesla to see if it a real owner. The process would probably prevent most ghost owner experiences - even if this particular one happens to be true/real.

Id go look at the Midrange YOU WILL be disappointed paying 50K for the longer range. Save the money the car feels like a 35k car not 50k. Make sure you really look closely at the car.
My long range, rear wheel drive car that I paid $56K last October for is worth every penny. If you are that disappointed in the car then a Tesla is probably not the car for you.

im a troll what a joke I took the car to find tons of defects!!!!!!! Ypu sepnd 50k and get a good car. Great for you . I am apart of a huge group of tesla model 3 owners and I have had 6 of them look at atthe car and be shocked.

Attachments

• IMG_20190420_193028310.jpg
    IMG_20190420_193028310.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20190420_193130122.jpg
    IMG_20190420_193130122.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20190422_114342128.jpg
    IMG_20190422_114342128.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20190422_114628039.jpg
    IMG_20190422_114628039.jpg