Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service and communication (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You sure have an odd notion of what it means to "celebrate". :(

I don't dislike him, I just got sick and tired of the endless harping and repetition.
Yeah, don't disagree with that but I miss him. Until he went off the deep end on service, he always had some pretty enlighting posts and had been a contributor for years. I vote to invite him back.

Me too. The service and lossless audio topics aside, he had truly insightful commentary around the industry and the business. One particular area where I am thankful he highlighted was how exceptional Elon was at cost engineering, this was years ago before the 3 was released. This quarter's results show just how prescient he was.
Why are all you talking like he's dead? He comments regularly on DISQUS. Follow him there. I do. o_O

Ex Tesla employee talking about some of the issues at the company, and a follow up video. He's still a fan of the company but feels there are serious issues. A few months old, and only one person's perspective of course, but worth watching.

* I see he added a comment on the second video:

I have to agree that some of the things that I said in my interview may have been exaggerated, But I wanted to be clear that it was not an intentional exaggeration it was exaggeration colored by emotion, Looking back at my interview I can see that there's no way that there is 25% infiltration from any of the other motor company's

• Informative
Reactions: abasile
I just dinged my new S and needed to find a body shop. I called Orlando service and after a false start with their phone tree got a very nice lady who not only gave me the list but told me how to access it on Google in the future. Had a couple of visits.by mobile service ( due to my stupidity not the cars). Both were great arrived on time fixed the problems.

We just picked up our 2012 Model S on Friday from our nearest service center, as it needed an MCU replacement (probably the eMMC issue) and wouldn't charge. Everything worked out as well as could be expected for an out-of-warranty car. The folks at the service center tried hard to make us happy and went the extra mile.

My only frustration was not being able to contact the service center directly, before dropping the car off. Last Monday, the car's battery charge was down to about 40 miles and dropping daily in the cold, and the soonest appointment at the only service center safely within battery range was two weeks out. After some back and forth and a total of at least an hour on hold, I asked the folks on Tesla's national support line if I could just drop off the car without an appointment before the battery dropped further; I didn't want to risk having to get the car towed. The service center then called and gave me a same-day appointment. They clarified that, in situations like this, it's perfectly fine to simply bring in the car without an appointment.

I'm very pleased that the service center was able to get a replacement MCU into our car within four days. I was told that they had to obtain the MCU from another service center in our region. They were very proactive at communicating via texts and phone calls to update me on the car's status every day. Unfortunately, that channel of communication goes away once the job is "closed out". Thankfully, the car is working well again, so this isn't a concern for us at this time.

There definitely seems to be some frustration among service employees that customers can't simply call local service centers. The app is great, but sometimes you just need to talk to someone to figure out what to do. Our local service center, which just opened weeks ago, really seems to want to give customers a positive experience in spite of a corporate-level communication policy that needs to be revamped. They clearly have employees who believe in Tesla's mission, who also happen to drive Tesla vehicles or other EVs.