Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Experience.

Service Center Experience

• Great

Votes: 37 40.7%
  • Good

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Okay

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • Terrible!

Votes: 24 26.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even tho the Vista CA SC is being relocated to Carlsbad, they have their ducks in a row. 4 check in stations under easy ups in the parking lot. Don't even have to go in the building. No reservation? No prob!
It's amazing how much variance there is in these reports and I'm sad for those of you who are hating the experience. I live in Vista and will have to drive twice as far to my SC soon. I haven't had any issues with my 3, just with the Tesla Shop! I ended up getting my HPWC and Aero rim touch up paint from my CS and cancelled the online orders.

tesla service at the service centers seems to genuinely be a shitshow with variance from one location to another but the main thread that ties them all together is that good service experiences are the exception, not the rule

im not sure what it is about me, maybe my account is flagged, but i just do not get any satisfaction when I go - theyre always trying to resist or deny the work. It also seems like the staff is overworked and pretty stressed.

In less than 1 month of ownership, I dread having an actual issue that will require them to do work! ive got another appintment this week to address my leather seats and the nasty rancid milk smell

my expectations are very low
Maybe it’s not them, maybe it’s you

Maybe it’s not them, maybe it’s you

im gonna call bs here and i hope this doesnt deter others from demanding satisfaction from tesla. For a month old $60k car, there are certain expectations, legally and ethically, and people shouldnt have to settle. If we all settled we'd be driving volts. We should hold tesla accountable, especially after they have our money because WE are the ones driving their business forward, why penalize us?

Given almost half the voters have only received "ok" or "terrible" service, i dont think im the exception here. They definitely need to have a more consistent service experience.

keep this stinking thinking out of here @Ckanderson

If service is all around garbage at the Berkeley service center (communication and poor workmanship) less than 40 miles from Fremont, Good luck to rest of you.

Tesla seems to be trying to cut out any human interaction (no more chat, unanswered generic email address, and nobody answering phones) . It's either through the app or text messages that most go unanswered.

im gonna call bs here and i hope this doesnt deter others from demanding satisfaction from tesla. For a month old $60k car, there are certain expectations, legally and ethically, and people shouldnt have to settle. If we all settled we'd be driving volts. We should hold tesla accountable, especially after they have our money because WE are the ones driving their business forward, why penalize us?

Given almost half the voters have only received "ok" or "terrible" service, i dont think im the exception here. They definitely need to have a more consistent service experience.

keep this stinking thinking out of here @Ckanderson

It’s a 40k car for most people, it’s not a luxury car, it’s not a super car, its not impressive, it’s nothing but metal and vinyl.

do you expect them to kiss your boots when you walk in?

buy a RR or something if you want world class treatment.

My service experience has been nothing but great, what other 40k car company is sending mobile rangers to fix cars at the owners work, or house? There aren't any.

Just seems like there’s a bunch of previous Prius owners here expecting the world and shout from
The rooftops when they don’t get everything catered to them.

it’s no secret the service advisors at Tesla are working their ass off for relatively low pay compared to industry average. Give them a break and appreciate what they do.

If they would just not ship cars with so many fit and finish issues and delivery just rubber stamping them and passing them on to customers, then I think service would be a lot better. It would get really old getting fix it lists from customers clogging up what should be actual service work. Sub-par quality coming out of Fremont is what is causing a lot of the bottleneck. Do it right the first time, Tesla...

If they would just not ship cars with so many fit and finish issues and delivery just rubber stamping them and passing them on to customers, then I think service would be a lot better. It would get really old getting fix it lists from customers clogging up what should be actual service work. Sub-par quality coming out of Fremont is what is causing a lot of the bottleneck. Do it right the first time, Tesla...

For many, the model 3 is their first new car in their lives and they are coming from other economy vehicles. They're also spending more than they usually would to get in on EVs. I know I was expecting much better fit and finish with my first brand new car. They're not on these forums giving Tesla a pass and understanding that they're new to this. Empathy is good to have, but there is a limit when people are forking over a lot of money for a brand new car with glaring issues and can't contact the company to fix them. This is a business after all.

I have 3k miles owned since March and have been to the service center around 8 times and 2 mobile rangers. All related to assembly issues, and more issues caused by service centers being sloppy trying to fix them.

I can see the employees kind of trying, but Tesla as a company needs to address the communication and workmanship across the whole organization. Tesla just hit record numbers in sales and their pitiful service is only going to get more slammed and frustrate so many new owners. Word of mouth reputation will become more negative in the future if it isn't addressed.

Thankfully, I've only had to go to the service center once so far, but my experience was great. The people were nice and I was in and out in less than 10 minutes with a Model S loaner. The only negative was that the navigation didn't know how to get completely there and I had to drive around the block to find the entrance. Maybe I just got lucky or the San Rafael center is one of the good ones, but I felt great about my single experience. It was honestly about 100x better than anything I experienced at the Corte Madera Land Rover service center in the 3 years I had my Range Rover.

It’s a 40k car for most people, it’s not a luxury car, it’s not a super car, its not impressive, it’s nothing but metal and vinyl.

snip Give them a break and appreciate what they do.
Service also applies to Model S and X which are > $125000 cars sometimes.
3 should be no different.
We expect the same service as we got 5 years ago.
No need to be SUPER SNIPPY and ask if "you expect them to kiss your boots" - that's RUDE!
We'll NOT give them a break so long as they treat us like SUGAR!

Reactions: voip-ninja
Seriously not expecting red carpet treatment. A way to speak with someone and not have to make an appointment 2 weeks out in the app is not much to ask for.

How does app help me when the car is in service and nobody is giving me updates and no responses to emails, text messages, and there is no phone number. I guess I could uber the way over there to ask them in person. Seems to be what Tesla thinks is the future of customer service. Forget the middlemen, go directly to the service center and waste more of their time.

Remember, there is no longer a chat option and some service centers do not have an email address and no option to speak with someone on the phone.

How does app help me when the car is in service and nobody is giving me updates and no responses to emails, text messages, and there is no phone number. I guess I could uber the way over there to ask them in person. Seems to be what Tesla thinks is the future of customer service. Forget the middlemen, go directly to the service center and waste more of their time.

I don’t know how many times we have made the 3 hour round trip drive down to my local service center just to figure out the car wasn’t ready even though the app said it was. Can’t ever get a hold of anyone on the phone or via text to verify before making the journey, it is beyond frustrating. Or if they do actually call and you miss it, good luck getting them on the phone again.

Our experience hasn't been greatly different than with other car companies... DEPENDING ON THE AREA.
I wonder how much of this is due to specific location. Survey results are broad.
Tesla service has been fabulous up here. I get to them quickly and anything I want is taken care of just as quickly.
With our previous Acura, same sort of thing. up here that is a bit more remote, they are fabulous. When I've had service in the bay area, it was like going to the Acura service center from hell. No comparison between the two locations and they have been in business for decades.

... Almost like two different companies.

Indeed! The coasts are quite bad. So when someone from midwest who owns a Tesla goes on and on about how awesome they are, I can see where they are coming from, but it is of no help to me.

Makes you wonder how it's like in Norway. I was there a couple of months ago, and the line of Teslas waiting for service there was scary.

• Helpful
Reactions: KrenGrl
Service also applies to Model S and X which are > $125000 cars sometimes.
3 should be no different.
We expect the same service as we got 5 years ago.
No need to be SUPER SNIPPY and ask if "you expect them to kiss your boots" - that's RUDE!
We'll NOT give them a break so long as they treat us like SUGAR!
Best of luck bud. I treat them like the humans they are, and I’ve had nothing but a great experience.

not sure if it’s your service center, or what, but I can’t complain one bit.

I picked up my P3d from the Alpharetta, GA SC last December, and returned a few months ago for a service appointment after I had a seat restrain warning. Both the purchase and service experience was top notch. Everyone I delt with seemed to be genuinely interested in doing a good job. Maybe I've been lucky, but so far I'm a happy customer all around.

buy a RR or something if you want world class treatment.

What $ level unlocks basic customer service like having at least one of the following: service center phone number, someone answering the phone at the said service center, a voicemail at a service center, maybe having a service center email address, somebody replying to emails, replying to text messages in a timely manner, a chat service, anybody to speak to at all?

The Berkeley service center literally has none of these.

Mobile rangers are cool and all, but what am I going to do while my car is in service or had an issue with my last service? The tesla official answer is, "Go to the app and make an appointment" (which is usually 2 weeks away) (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻

Reactions: sceptic and zyzz