Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Scheduling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed with the Tesla App that the Costa Mesa service just leaves my X parked while Buena Park immediately started to diagnose my issues. However Buena Park didn't resolve all my issues that is why I am at Costa Mesa

With the Model-X being so new and there were so many issues with latches, it is possible that some parts are simply hard to get a hold of because they (Tesla or their suppliers) can't make them fast enough.

Agreed, but they should still order the latches and then only take the car in for service when they have the parts to fix it. As it stands, my SC would take your car, take days in a queue to diagnose it, then order the part, wait, then fix the car. That said, @umeshunni was able to get his latch fixed in a couple of hours at the same SC when they did have one on hand. I just think their procedures tend to make these repairs move slower than they could.

When was this? I was told that their IT systems (always blame it on the IT Systems!!) would only allow them to pull the appropriate part and schedule the work in the floor only when the car shows up - atleast that is the excuse I heard from the Factory service center. Also, to be fair to them, I had a couple of other small items to fix as well. But those were known to them well in advance of my scheduling the service.

All in all not a great service experience
Well I hate to throw Rockin under the bus if that is corporate's policy but twice I have had them fetch parts specifically so I did not have to wait. They contacted me when the parts were in house (or on the way?) and made sure I could be taken care of in the minimal amount of time and not waiting for parts etc.

Rocklin is rockin'. But I use San Rafael, which is Some Radfellas. (Ouch, that was horrible)

I could use some rockin' or Some Radfellas but I just dropped my Tesla at the second SC service and they haven't touched it all day! I hope I get it back before my dashcam install on Saturday, I rescheduled like 3 times with the installer already.

The one thing I can promise you is that I will not leave my X with San Rafael again without a Tesla loaner. No Enterprise Rent crap! Suspect their sense of urgency might increase if one of their precious Tesla loaners are out. Been a week since my X was returned with the 3 main punch list items left undone due to parts on backorder. Just pinged them to find out if they were going to schedule a follow-up or what? Wifey now pinging me about the disadvantages of Early Adoption.

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
The one thing I can promise you is that I will not leave my X with San Rafael again without a Tesla loaner. No Enterprise Rent crap! Suspect their sense of urgency might increase if one of their precious Tesla loaners are out. Been a week since my X was returned with the 3 main punch list items left undone due to parts on backorder. Just pinged them to find out if they were going to schedule a follow-up or what? Wifey now pinging me about the disadvantages of Early Adoption.
Personally, I would think Tesla would prefer to loan you a model-s, since it should theoretically be cheaper for them. I would expect renting you an ICE would be far more expensive.

When was this? I was told that their IT systems (always blame it on the IT Systems!!) would only allow them to pull the appropriate part and schedule the work in the floor only when the car shows up - atleast that is the excuse I heard from the Factory service center. Also, to be fair to them, I had a couple of other small items to fix as well. But those were known to them well in advance of my scheduling the service.

All in all not a great service experience
It's a recall. They should call you when they have the parts for your VIN in the SC. That was what Springfield NJ SC did with mine. And they swapped out my front quarter glass seals while it was in for the seats without telling me. Now I have a wind noise I never had with the old seals. Not taking it back for that but I wish they would have left well enough alone. My perfect X now has a flaw. A minor one but still.

I noticed with the Tesla App that the Costa Mesa service just leaves my X parked while Buena Park immediately started to diagnose my issues. However Buena Park didn't resolve all my issues that is why I am at Costa Mesa
Interesting, Springfield NJ SC turns off remote access as soon as they pick up my X.

Yup, I scheduled a minor item - check alignment and suspension rattle after a nasty pothole killed my tire. At first they scheduled me 3 weeks out, but called later to squeeze me in for just a week away. I brought it in the morning, they didn't touch it until the next day. Then I heard when I drove in to pick it up that they have a new standard: cars get worked on in the strict order they were received. So mine went back onto the lot for the weekend. Then I get a call that they managed to squeeze it in at the end of the day, could I come back Saturday and pick it up. 1.5 hours work, $60 part swapped out, 3 days elapsed. Got to drive a brand new Hyundai Elantra though -- even poured a few gallons of noxious hydrocarbons into it.

• Informative
Reactions: JimVandegriff
My X has been at the SC for 24 hours and they still haven't even touched it. Seriously!!! Looks like I won't have it Saturday for my dashcam install, I have 7 things for them to address so it is not like they are waiting on parts or anything

Will the SC come and pick up your vehicle and swap U vehicles to take and work on? I seen that happen in a YouTube video. My closest SC is an hour and a half away.
My X is currently in Rocklin, CA being worked on. It was picked up on Monday, and I was left a P85 Model S as a loaner. I have heard that the service center will pick up a vehicle more than 180 miles from the nearest center. I don't know if that is specific to my assigned center, to the state, or to Tesla.

My X is currently in Rocklin, CA being worked on. It was picked up on Monday, and I was left a P85 Model S as a loaner. I have heard that the service center will pick up a vehicle more than 180 miles from the nearest center. I don't know if that is specific to my assigned center, to the state, or to Tesla.

Hi Jim,

My X was at Rocklin Thursday as well. Just picked it up last night. Had the S85 loaner. nice car as well. I tried getting wind noise fixed (Vin 50xx 4/28/16), but they said 65dB was normal. They compared it to another X, which had 67dB level. The loaner S had no noise.
I did see my car was parked on the charger for a couple hours before they got to it, but I did see they were driving it around later in the afternoon to check out the noise.