Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Scheduling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Jim,

My X was at Rocklin Thursday as well. Just picked it up last night. Had the S85 loaner. nice car as well. I tried getting wind noise fixed (Vin 50xx 4/28/16), but they said 65dB was normal. They compared it to another X, which had 67dB level. The loaner S had no noise.
I did see my car was parked on the charger for a couple hours before they got to it, but I did see they were driving it around later in the afternoon to check out the noise.
My vin is also 50XX and I will be interested to see what they can do for the wind and road noise. When I spoke with my service rep yesterday he did say that they were working on each individual complaint we had on our list, fixing it if possible and going on to the next one. I noticed that my X had been driven some, charged, and driven more via Tesla app. He did say they were working with seals and tweeking things, and that they would fix the problems unless they had to re-engineer the car.
Our loaner S P85 is quite quiet, and enjoyable to drive but I do like my X more for its height, panoramic window, towing capacity, seats, and falcon wings. If they can just get the noise handled I will literally be a happy camper.
Did their work on your X yield any results?

Well atleast they need to set expectations right. When I dropped my car off for the third row seat recall 10 days ago (at their request btw), I was told that they will need the car for a couple of days. 10 days later and I still have no idea when I will get the car back.

They did give me a model S loaner but I have first world problems. I am having to park my car in the driveway, get into the house with my key and open the garage door and then park the car in the garage. Adding a lot of additional exercise!! Seriously though, the loaner is adding 30 mins to my already long commute because of lack of car pool lane stickers.

I called service for a couple of minor problems and dropped my car off four weeks ago. Still no word on status. As of this week our Model X P90DL has been in for service for more than 165 days. Our loaner is a Model S P90D with less than 3k miles.

My vin is also 50XX and I will be interested to see what they can do for the wind and road noise. When I spoke with my service rep yesterday he did say that they were working on each individual complaint we had on our list, fixing it if possible and going on to the next one. I noticed that my X had been driven some, charged, and driven more via Tesla app. He did say they were working with seals and tweeking things, and that they would fix the problems unless they had to re-engineer the car.
Our loaner S P85 is quite quiet, and enjoyable to drive but I do like my X more for its height, panoramic window, towing capacity, seats, and falcon wings. If they can just get the noise handled I will literally be a happy camper.
Did their work on your X yield any results?

As I posted elsewhere, I had significant wind and road noise issues in my early (February) P90D. Swapping the Michelin "summer tires" for the Conti-Silent All-Seasons helped the road noise significantly. Several trips to the SC, where they replaced almost all of the gaskets and seals made a tremendous difference in the wind noise. The massive windshield is going to produce more wind noise than the S but there is nothing you can do about it. I'll trade the view for the minor increase in noise any day.

As I posted elsewhere, I had significant wind and road noise issues in my early (February) P90D. Swapping the Michelin "summer tires" for the Conti-Silent All-Seasons helped the road noise significantly. Several trips to the SC, where they replaced almost all of the gaskets and seals made a tremendous difference in the wind noise. The massive windshield is going to produce more wind noise than the S but there is nothing you can do about it. I'll trade the view for the minor increase in noise any day.
My wind noise has been improved twice, but it's still pretty bad from the driver's side window. At a standstill, I can also hear cars passing as if the window were open. I feel relatively certain there's a gap somewhere. I probably just need to fill the car with smoke and put on the bioweapon defense mode, then look for the escaping vapors.

Speaking of which, does anyone use that? :)

My wind noise has been improved twice, but it's still pretty bad from the driver's side window. At a standstill, I can also hear cars passing as if the window were open. I feel relatively certain there's a gap somewhere. I probably just need to fill the car with smoke and put on the bioweapon defense mode, then look for the escaping vapors.

That's a neat project using a smoke machine, or one could use an infrared camera to see a leakage??

I don't know if they sell this at HomeDepot in the US, but they have these cheap draft detectors in Canada. Light it and it generates a constant stream of smoke. I would turn on BioWeapons Defense mode and first use this on the outside of your car. If you can't find anything, then try it from the inside.