Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Centers and Customer Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since joining I have been reading some posts and back posts. I have read that Tesla won't let you drop your vehicle off early and alot of Service Centers are crowded with cars. Cars dropped off at appointment times and not being worked on for several days. Parts issues. I understand that they have a ranger service. However Companies are not going to tolerate poor service when they have a problem with their Semi or will people who rely on the Cyber Truck for their livelyhood. Plus where are they going to put these large vehicles when they need work if these centers are crowded.

The further away you live from the Tesla hotspots (ie megacities) the better it gets. I left the Bay Area before Model 3 and I had history w/ the Burlingame center (the center manager was my original service writer for my Roadster) so I always had good service.

But living here in the boondocks I get WAY better service than I ever did in the Bay Area. Tesla comes to my house whenever I need them, always within a day or two. Parts orders still take forever but my car is sitting in my garage until they come.

The semi is a whole different ball of wax - they will need dedicated service people for that.

As for the odd contractor that buys a CT? They should keep their old ICE as a backup until the kinks are worked out. If not, it's pretty easy to rent ICE pickups if it comes to that. Back in the Bay, Tesla would give me an Enterprise rental car when my car was in for service. I'm sure you could work w/ the Enterprise rep to upgrade to a pickup.

But yeah, service is an ongoing problem. With Tesla skirting the profitability line, I fear they will try to continue to skimp here to keep the bottom line in the black.