Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Set Up WiFi Popup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the last few days, every morning, when I get into the car to go to work, I see this pop up message to setup a WiFi connection as the screen comes on. Why this is odd is that the car is already connected to my home WiFi at this time, as you can see in the pic. I am a little confused about this. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

(Sorry for the terrible photo.)

wifi.jpg

Do you have multiple networks near you? I notice that if I come back to the car and it has been in range of a network it doesn't know about, it nags me. Seriously annoying though. If there's at least ONE network setup, then clearly I know that I can do it on others. Go. Away.

...Try a reboot.

Thanks, that solved the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

like a nanny screen.
gets pretty annoying especially when you don't have wifi that works where the car is

Actually, the issue I posted was that I did have WiFi, and was connected to the network. If you look closely, the WiFi icon is there on the top. I even double checked internet access. That is why I found it odd that it was asking me to join a network even though I was already connected to a network.

You could also have tried tapping the "Connect To Wi-Fi" button instead. Tapping "Not Now" is the very thing that probably schedules that popup to appear at a later time.

I did try that too. When I tap on "Connect to WiFi", it lists the WiFi networks around, so I can tap on one to connect. The list included my own network, with tapping disabled on it with a label saying "connected" or something like that. Obviously I didn't want to tap on another network. So essentially, "Not Now", and "Connect To WiFi" effectively resulted in the same outcome. The popup appeared next morning again.

As I said, a reboot seems to have fixed the issue, although there is no way to be certain.

It's a bug.

I had the same issue, and after I tried all the tricks you guys attempted, I called the service line. They ID'd it as an incorrect flag in my profile. They dialed into the car, wiped the flag, and I haven't had a problem since (and it's been a few weeks now).