Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my S for a month and love it. However, several times, I have read folk refer to this type thing, in answering a question: Controls > Settings > Driver Assistance > Summon > ON

I am yet to find the words Controls, settings. I have Quick controls and turn things on and off but that's all. All help appreciated.

On summon, for instance, it says forward, back. Nothing about auto Park. Thanks

This is something that changed with a recent software update (Version 9, which came out in October/November last year).
The Controls > Settings > Driver Assistance > Summon options now sit under
Controls icon (car icon at the bottom corner of the touchscreen) > Autopilot > Summon

A bit confusing when trying to read older posts, although big user interface changes are not too common. Version 8 came out in March 2017, so lasted just over a year and a half.

This is something that changed with a recent software update (Version 9, which came out in October/November last year).
The Controls > Settings > Driver Assistance > Summon options now sit under
Controls icon (car icon at the bottom corner of the touchscreen) > Autopilot > Summon

A bit confusing when trying to read older posts, although big user interface changes are not too common. Version 8 came out in March 2017, so lasted just over a year and a half.
Thanks. That makes me feel ok! Thought I was missing something. However, I am still left with summon being forward and backwards. No auto parking into a space. Am I just thinking it is better than it is?

Thanks. That makes me feel ok! Thought I was missing something. However, I am still left with summon being forward and backwards. No auto parking into a space. Am I just thinking it is better than it is?

Summon is definitely just backwards and forwards, and not 100% reliable as you’ve probably experienced.

I’m not sure how new your car is, but it can take quite a while for the cameras to calibrate for auto parking. It’s also not 100 % reliable either!

Also worth noting: at the moment auto-park only works when you're behind the wheel, it's not available via Summon.

Drive slowly past a parking space bordered by cars (i.e. not the end of a line). Stop, shift to reverse and below the reversing camera a diagram of the parking space and a blue "AUTO-PARK" button will appear.

Keep your feet off but very, very close to the brake and watch closely the side and rear mirrors. As long as there's no low curb you should be OK but the system can't see low curbs and will quite happily drive over them!

• Informative
Reactions: KerryOH
Also worth noting: at the moment auto-park only works when you're behind the wheel, it's not available via Summon.

Drive slowly past a parking space bordered by cars (i.e. not the end of a line). Stop, shift to reverse and below the reversing camera a diagram of the parking space and a blue "AUTO-PARK" button will appear.

Keep your feet off but very, very close to the brake and watch closely the side and rear mirrors. As long as there's no low curb you should be OK but the system can't see low curbs and will quite happily drive over them!
Great. Thanks. Says it all!

Good advice there ^
Auto-park does work very well in most cases, but needs human supervision! Even if they released a version of Summon with auto-park I certainly wouldn't be using it. There have been far too many threads involving Summon failures even with the simple straight line version, so I keep it switched off myself.