Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shall I wait for 2021 model?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did I you already get the car?

If so, you have 7 days to return it.... but I believe you cannot re-order the dame model for one year.
No, i didn’t. I told him I will wait for the next batch. I know I won’t get the perfect/flawless but I will take a chance...

wonder I should cancel my order and get my deposit back and wait and reorder end of the year for the 2021 model of the price is the same?

Due to Covid 19 and the shutdown, Tesla will be rushing all year to beat last year's numbers, so if your thinking you'll wait a couple months for better QC, you might be in for disappointment. I'd say look at what others have gotten, decide what is acceptable and what is not, then when you go to pick up your car if it meets your expectations be happy and enjoy an awesome car. If not refuse delivery and ask to wait for the next model to come in.. but in all honesty Tesla won't magically fix QC issues over night (in the next several months) these issues have persisted for years on all models.

Reactions: InternetDude
Also, understand what defects are easily fixed and what aren't. There's no sense in rejecting a car that can be fixed to your satisfaction by a tech and a few minutes.

For example: If the hatch isn't quite straight when closed, you might be able to fix that yourself by adjusting the rubber bumpers. If trim is loose due to a broken clip, that's a 30 second fix once Tesla has the car in the shop.

Also, understand what defects are easily fixed and what aren't. There's no sense in rejecting a car that can be fixed to your satisfaction by a tech and a few minutes.

For example: If the hatch isn't quite straight when closed, you might be able to fix that yourself by adjusting the rubber bumpers. If trim is loose due to a broken clip, that's a 30 second fix once Tesla has the car in the shop.
Agreed, but once paint issues are introduced you need to draw a line. Do you really want a new car with a repainted hood, fender, etc? Nothing is as durable as factory baked/applied paint.

Agreed, but once paint issues are introduced you need to draw a line. Do you really want a new car with a repainted hood, fender, etc? Nothing is as durable as factory baked/applied paint.

Yeah, major paint issues are where I draw the line. In no way should a new car need to go to the paint shop. a little touchup is ok.. but anything more then a couple of those is a deal breaker imo.

Due to Covid 19 and the shutdown, Tesla will be rushing all year to beat last year's numbers, so if your thinking you'll wait a couple months for better QC, you might be in for disappointment. I'd say look at what others have gotten, decide what is acceptable and what is not, then when you go to pick up your car if it meets your expectations be happy and enjoy an awesome car. If not refuse delivery and ask to wait for the next model to come in.. but in all honesty Tesla won't magically fix QC issues over night (in the next several months) these issues have persisted for years on all models.

Yeah, I agree and understand. I don't mind wait for another 6months for 2021 model.

besides, I don't wanna spend my 70k for a car right now when I'm stuck at home most of the time these days. thanks corona!