Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

She has arrived!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
a couple more photos to add... within 30 minutes of unloading her, neighbors I had never met before were stopping by to say hello and ask questions about our new electric wheels.
TeslaSales.jpg

we went on our first road trip the day after delivery. charlotte to asheville for lunch and back. we charged up on solar while in asheville...
GreenNewBlack_sm.jpg

New problem: I was on the road today and got a text from my husband saying "Um... the speed limit is 65" because he downloaded the Tesla app to his iPad he could see I was doing 85 on the freeway from his desk at work. So, I can foresee my future now: lots of text messages telling me to slow down. Damn. :confused:

New problem: I was on the road today and got a text from my husband saying "Um... the speed limit is 65" because he downloaded the Tesla app to his iPad he could see I was doing 85 on the freeway from his desk at work. So, I can foresee my future now: lots of text messages telling me to slow down. Damn. :confused:
"It's a bug, honey. The IPad is showing kilometers."

Leilani you should be happy that your husband warns you. This way you will avoid many tickets for overtaking speed limits.

Leilani: One of the things I have enjoyed the most about my Tesla is exactly what you pointed out - an opportunity to meet people I have never met before. I've joined several car groups here in Northern Virginia, and got to meet some terrific folks from all walks of life. And, thanks to Tesla, got to drive my car (along with 44 other Model S owners!) on Richmond International raceway, a NASCAR short track! never would have had nay of these opportunities were it not for Tesla and my good fortune to have been able to purchase the Model S!! Tesla Demonstration Event Richmond, VA

a couple more photos to add... within 30 minutes of unloading her, neighbors I had never met before were stopping by to say hello and ask questions about our new electric wheels.
View attachment 30394

we went on our first road trip the day after delivery. charlotte to asheville for lunch and back. we charged up on solar while in asheville...
View attachment 30395

Any interior pics... Interesting to see what a vegan Tesla looks like.

He may have heard me say at Teslive that my wife had called my car when my friend was doing 85 on the Del. Turnpike saying that she was the Delaware State Police and told him to pull over. I thought he was going to need CPR.

Ha! I did the exact same thing (well I called her) to my wife when she was driving mine home from work one day.

I think the Vegan interior just means she didn't get the Leather no? The Textile version is cloth and vinyl.

Actually, my understanding is that the initial year of Tesla Model S's had cow skin-wrapped steering wheels so anyone wanting a vegan Tesla had to take a little extra effort. That's what something Leilani (and many others) had to do--send an email/make a call and Tesla would replace the murdered cow parts for cruelty-free leatherette. (And, in my case, was THE reason I re-instated my MS order.)

There are some questions on the details but some believe that Tesla has switched to vegan steering wheels on all MS's for ethical, moral, and environmental reasons. Thus, all standard "textile" interior MS's are cruelty-free and vegan (maybe)!

This is great news for Tesla, the planet, and all the animals that aren't killed.

Meat.org | The Website the Meat Industry Doesn't Want You to See

Vegetarian & Vegan Starter Kit | Guide on How to Become Vegan / Vegetarian | PETA.org

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?newsID=20772&CR1=warning

Rearing cattle produces more greenhouse gases than driving cars, UN report warns