Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ship with 1000 Models 3's are on route...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just called me.

1000 cars are half way across the atlantic. (if you really want to know where they are see this - Vessel details for: GRAND MARK (Vehicles Carrier) - IMO 9228306, MMSI 355029000, Call Sign H3LL Registered in Panama | AIS Marine Traffic) Of those 1000, 150 are RHD. So 150 lucky people will take delivery at the end of June. They will take in to account:-

1) Place in queue
2) Spec of car
3) Details completed on account page

Closely followed behind this ship is another with 2000 RHD!!! These will go to customers in July. Another 2000 behind that will go to customers in August.

So get your account details completed and pray you chose a mainstream combo (oh - and you ordered 3 years ago:))

Last edited:
  1. I own a model S which was one of the first in UK, June 2014 (5 year anniversary in a few weeks)
  2. I reserved a model 3 1st April 2016, early morning
  3. I placed my order 1st May 2019 9am
That should put me somewhere near the front, depending on popularity of my choice Blue P3D-, Aero, White, FSD.

I have had no contact from Tesla at all though :(

1. I own a model S which was one of the first in UK, June 2014 (5 year anniversary in a few weeks)
  2. I reserved a model 3 1st April 2016, early morning
  3. I placed my order 1st May 2019 9am
That should put me somewhere near the front, depending on popularity of my choice Blue P3D-, Aero, White, FSD.

I have had no contact from Tesla at all though :(

Did you upgrade from LR AWD or downgrade from P+ to get to this spec? I presume they didn't have to cancel your original order to change it?

I would question any queuing process they claim as even on all of the other European forum pages there are so many varying rankings to the criteria against all the variables involved.

I reserved only a year ago ordered on 02.05 and have been told I will be one of the very early receivers of the M3 during a call where Tesla were checking if I would be on holiday in early July. I have a very standard spec paying cash with no part ex and my final invoice is on my account page.

Personally I believe the reservation date is just used to capture legitimate interest and the more standard the spec and the more straightforward the financial process will be the more likely it will be for them to match you with a car before they arrive. As soon a the spec deviates from standard they cannot be as certain to matching before the cars arrive hence how lots of people with white interior are yet to receive a vin etc.

Just a guess but I do not think they are 100% sure what specs will be allocated to what service centres until they arrive. If you read through the waiting rooms for Norway and The Netherlands for example, people were not hearing anything for ages and then were contacted two weeks before delivery.

Reactions: trentbridge
I do not think they are 100% sure what specs will be allocated to what service centres until they arrive.

I have a mid July "promise", and I also have a VIN (hidden in source code), no final invoice. (No reservation, 2nd May order). That suggests to me that allocation is already done, and folk thinking they can change now and not get rejigged, as some folk are anticipating (i.e. if you ordered early, and you change you order, that's fine all the "points" will accumulate and count during first allocation) is risky.

I understand human nature, but first-to-last back order fulfilment, for anyone who placed an order in Early May, barring any "hard to manufacture combinations", is going to be 4, maybe 6, weeks. That is the time interval to have one before everyone else. And that July period is precisely the time that those "everyone else" is going to be sunning themselves on the Costa del Sol ...

Its not going to make enough difference to be worth getting excited about (apart from the Human Nature thing :rolleyes: )

I would question any queuing process they claim as even on all of the other European forum pages there are so many varying rankings to the criteria against all the variables involved.

I reserved only a year ago ordered on 02.05 and have been told I will be one of the very early receivers of the M3 during a call where Tesla were checking if I would be on holiday in early July. I have a very standard spec paying cash with no part ex and my final invoice is on my account page.

Personally I believe the reservation date is just used to capture legitimate interest and the more standard the spec and the more straightforward the financial process will be the more likely it will be for them to match you with a car before they arrive. As soon a the spec deviates from standard they cannot be as certain to matching before the cars arrive hence how lots of people with white interior are yet to receive a vin etc.

Just a guess but I do not think they are 100% sure what specs will be allocated to what service centres until they arrive. If you read through the waiting rooms for Norway and The Netherlands for example, people were not hearing anything for ages and then were contacted two weeks before delivery.

I think the utter chaos following price and spec changes after original orders were placed will be enough to upset any structured plan they had in place for VIN allocations. For example I am still waiting to cancel my original P+ order as they are so slow to respond. I'm not particularly bothered about getting an early example, but the whole reservation thing is turning into a bit of a joke. If there was now a 12 month waiting list I would be livid, but it seems like anyone in the UK will probably get a car by this autumn whether they reserved or not. Limited finance options at this point will also be causing people to think twice about going ahead with their existing orders. I wouldn't be at all surprised now to see a load of inventory cars pop up after these initial boats offload.

I think the utter chaos following price and spec changes after original orders were placed will be enough to upset any structured plan they had in place for VIN allocations. For example I am still waiting to cancel my original P+ order as they are so slow to respond. I'm not particularly bothered about getting an early example, but the whole reservation thing is turning into a bit of a joke. If there was now a 12 month waiting list I would be livid, but it seems like anyone in the UK will probably get a car by this autumn whether they reserved or not. Limited finance options at this point will also be causing people to think twice about going ahead with their existing orders. I wouldn't be at all surprised now to see a load of inventory cars pop up after these initial boats offload.

Agree entirely with all of this!!

The logistics of shifting 150 cars followed by 2000 and then another 2000 cars from Zeebrugge (via factory in Tilburg?) to the UK are pretty staggering. Assuming they can carry 9 at a time on a car trailer, thats 16 trips, followed by 222 and then another 222. You would think they might have considered stopping in Felixstowe or Southampton (at least for the 2k boats)

Reactions: goRt

I think you are 100% correct on this. I’m not in a rush to get my M3 as I didn’t reserve and only placed an order in the last week, so I’d expect many others to be ahead of me in the delivery queue. However, I’m pretty sure that the config changes were done purely to match orders with what they had already built and are shipping. So there could be a few surprises. And I do think that some who reserved early will cancel given the changes so Tesla will then match with people who ordered later.

I’ll get mine when I get it and I’m OK with that. Well I am for now anyway :cool: