Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not TSLA, it's the market. Extreme fear rules the day. Expect plenty of buyback next week. Might be a bloodbath tomorrow but there's no real crisis justifies the massive selloff right now. Chain reactions of stop limits being hit and some general panic. Could see a selloff into the weekend though.

Wow, from 107.13 to 99.49 in one day.

But volatility works both ways.

Average daily for TSLA currently- past 90 days is just under 4% per day. Today's looks like 4.5%- but the big up swing then down intraday is a pretty big wow; And you're right- works both ways

- - - Updated - - -

It's not TSLA, it's the market. Extreme fear rules the day. Expect plenty of buyback next week. Might be a bloodbath tomorrow but there's no real crisis justifies the massive selloff right now. Chain reactions of stop limits being hit and some general panic. Could see a selloff into the weekend though.

true- but there was also no real reason for the market to be breaking all time records- never should have been where it was or where it is. More correction ahead I'm guessing

true- but there was also no real reason for the market to be breaking all time records- never should have been where it was or where it is. More correction ahead I'm guessing

I don't know, it's been a pretty honest market. A lot of indicators showing improvement and the markets overall P/E is low compared to historic averages. Technically the markets been in a really decent place.

I agree though, we very well could see more red tomorrow. Lemmings will always follow.

yeah- that part is true- good point; I'm thinking June-July might produce a 8-10% correction though it will be rocky road ice cream for a while.

That's a scary prospect but most everything I'm invested in is for 3-years, so I'll take the wildness and try and get more cash into assets if it's the case.

I bought some AAPL C options just recently for July and it's a massive risk the way things are going, but it's outperforming the market loss today and I feel like that's a go-to stock when the going gets tough. Still though, sentiment is pretty awful on AAPL land.

Just goes to show that if the market was in correction mode TSLA might have easily closed about 106/107, perhaps even higher.

Gonna need a miracle for my Jun 115 Calls to be worth anything tomorrow. Perhaps Elon will deliver that miracle :)

Same with both my 110 calls and 115 calls to at least give me something

Helped a little to buy and sell some $95 calls today

Just goes to show that if the market was in correction mode TSLA might have easily closed about 106/107, perhaps even higher.

Gonna need a miracle for my Jun 115 Calls to be worth anything tomorrow. Perhaps Elon will deliver that miracle :)

Good luck but I expect they will expire worthless.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I'm betting on a movement but no idea which way. The overall market has been pretty battered the last few weeks really and a lot of weak hands are gone by this point. Everyone has ben waiting for a dip and buying opportunity so maybe the buying begins tomorrow.

Or, it could just be another bloodbath. I'm still awed that everything went pear shaped today across the world. Metals, oil, stocks, bonds are all down while cash rules the day. There is A LOT of cash in hands ready to buy now. The question is when it begins.

There's really nothing to be fearful of right now other than short term losses. I' of the belief the main damage has been done. However, it could just be the beginning of a 10% drop.

Who knows. A strangle option play for the market isn't a horrible idea.

I am a Tesla fan, but at $11 billion market cap, this does feel like it is a bit ahead of itself.
Current revenue run rate is $2 billion and the 2014 EPS estimate is only about $1.00 per share. So we are trading already at 100 P/E for 2014.
Tesla is priced for perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.