Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the run-up after the NASDAQ reboot been in any way an artifact of the time-out? It looks quite suspicious, as if the closure shifted the demand vs supply balance. I'm not complaining, of course, except that I wish I had more calls to sell aside from the Jan 15 I consider part of my core position. I'm wondering if we'll see a correction downward tomorrow morning.

Could the run-up after the NASDAQ reboot been in any way an artifact of the time-out? It looks quite suspicious, as if the closure shifted the demand vs supply balance. I'm not complaining, of course, except that I wish I had more calls to sell aside from the Jan 15 I consider part of my core position. I'm wondering if we'll see a correction downward tomorrow morning.

I'm betting on it. Sold some Jan14 $165 calls for $20, I've already done this once (buy them back for less on the next major dip), of course worst case scenario I end up selling TSLA for $185 ($165 + the $20/share sold call). I'm betting between now and Jan14 I'll be able to buy them back for less.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Just doesn't make sense.

Great reminder from Citizen-T. Not sure if he still feels this way, but I do.

Citizen-T said:
Alright guys, just like we needed to be buying not freaking out when we were trading at $138 we need to start thinking about taking profits here and building back up our cash for the next drop. TSLA still looks range bound to me, I expect we'll hit $160 in the near term, but then I expect we'll revisit the 140s after that. I don't see anything on the horizon that is going to break us out of this channel and the overall market certainly isn't going to help us.

I'm selling the rest of my calls at the ATH. At $160 I'll probably start getting defensive.

I sold all my calls for pretty nice profits. Actually also sold some covered calls.

What is going on with the computer errors today? I'm now seeing a bid price of 157 and ask price of 149.47 making the spread -7.53 in after hours trading.

In my opinion, today was a perfect storm of catalysts (CNBC coverage and Model E chatter) triggering a mini short squeeze which hopefully will continue tomorrow.
If it continues tomorrow I see 165+. If it doesn't then a mini-sell off down to mid/low 150s. It's back to our volatile ways.

I don't think so, stocks like cisco went down and stayed down after the re-open. Anyhow, there was a slight taper in the run-up at 157, and it eventually stabilised around there before closing so it all looks good to me. I'd only be worried if it was a straight linear climb.

Status
Not open for further replies.