Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its interesting that every analyst out there seem to think that Tesla is just going to stand still and not improve on their products and lineup. So many analysts think that the competition will be able to catch up to where Tesla is today within a couple of years due to their enormous RnD budgets. I do not believe that any competitor will be able to catch up anytime soon due to the fact that any product mentioned such as the i8 is simply not able to compete in any criteria. But even if they did manage to catch up to where Tesla is today it is not like Tesla will not improve themselves, Teslas goal zone will keep moving forward and the competitors will have to chase faster and faster in order to catch up. This is also applicable to the future of the company. Many analysts seems to think that after the GIII car they are done and are just going to stop after that. I for one am super excited about the follow up products to the GIII, first the GIII SUV but then after that the F-series competitor that Elon mentioned during the Texas thing and then other vehicles such as a Van for industrial and delivery services etc where companies can save hugely on gas, especially as the batteries will be MUCH cheaper by then. These follow on products after the GIII will ensure massive growth potential AFTER THE GIII and will provide revenue growth as well as higher PE numbers far into the future and beyond the GIII.

It seems Citron's bashing is powerless moving the stock down, unlike the first time they tried it like one or two months ago?
If the current price stays ($184.5), will be another ATH. Incredible!

My hedging position has moved upward to short put @175, @180 and short call @190,@195 in various expiration date Oct1, and Oct. Doing great this week so far!

I think there are three basic news that are gently pushing and/or carrying the stock up this week

1. Deutsche Bank raising the price target of Tesla
2. Wedbush also raising the price target
3. The "rumor" has spread that Q3 Tesla will produce good numbers. We know from various threads
that the numbers are probably are not only going to be good but very good : Production line possibly up to 700 cars a week
VIN 22500 as of Sep 9 etc.

I see a high probability that the week will end with a decent plus. In the short run I wouldn't bet on the stock going down atm.
The only negative issue I see doesn't come from Tesla but the US going broke by mid-October. I hope Your politicians
come to a solution...

Does anyone have details about this NHTSA thing? I havent found any details on the net??

thanks in advance!

Someone wrote a complaint. Claimed their wife didn't accelerate the car into a wall when Tesla engineering claims they recorded the accelerator pedal being depressed.

Claims there is a contradiction from Tesla that they said the pedal was pushed to 100% acceleration while at same time claiming there is some kind of safeguard at 92%.

Looks like a bunch of nothing to me.

Someone wrote a complaint. Claimed their wife didn't accelerate the car into a wall when Tesla engineering claims they recorded the accelerator pedal being depressed.

Claims there is a contradiction from Tesla that they said the pedal was pushed to 100% acceleration while at same time claiming there is some kind of safeguard at 92%.

Looks like a bunch of nothing to me.

Looks like more free press Tesla can enjoy. Another NY times reporter episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.