Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like more free press Tesla can enjoy. Another NY times reporter episode?

I don't think this falls into the "any PR is good PR" camp. The complaint raises safety concerns and even privacy concerns which are too easily captured in a headline without anything on the merits.

IMO, it IS a little bit freaky that they have data logs on your driving. Can insurance companies get a subpoena for it? Can Tesla sell your data to insurance companies? Does a buyer agree/acknowledge somewhere that this happens? Etc. Okay, tangent over.

I don't think this falls into the "any PR is good PR" camp. The complaint raises safety concerns and even privacy concerns which are too easily captured in a headline without anything on the merits.

IMO, it IS a little bit freaky that they have data logs on your driving. Can insurance companies get a subpoena for it? Can Tesla sell your data to insurance companies? Does a buyer agree/acknowledge somewhere that this happens? Etc. Okay, tangent over.

My understanding is that almost all new cars have a black box that records all vehicle dynamics. It overwrites the data and only has the most recent miles driven (not lifetime history)

It may not look as "good PR" now. But as the story unfold, I have more confidence that it takes a positive turn than diving to negative!

I don't mean to be the negative guy in the room, but I don't think $180-$185 (whatever it is at now) makes any sense at all. The market capitalization is over $22 billion at the moment. Saying that this stock is over-valued right now is a fair statement.

I have no position in the stock. I am a former Roadster owner and a new Model S owner. I have no plans to either buy or short this stock in the near future. But if I did own it, I would be thinking about taking some profits off of the table.

The company is going to need time to grow sales into justifying this valuation. Even if we assume a best case scenario for Model S, Model X and Gen III, that is 2016 before it happens. The momentum money is going to sell their stock in Tesla as soon as the graph moves sideways. Then there will be a decline to a reasonable valuation level. I have no idea what that valuation level is, but I am fairly sure that it will eventually be at a lower point than the current price.

Here's a link to the unintended acceleration with a copied text of the complaint: Tesla Model S Unintended Acceleration Complaint Filed With NHTSA

You can see the complaint from NHTSA if you do a search for a 2013 Tesla Model S here: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchComplaints

The summary:

"Believing they were pressing the brake pedal while actually standing on the accelerator, the drivers complained of "unintended acceleration."The lack of intention in this case is clear; the cause, however, is not."

Which one has a higher probability :

A. a human
pressing the brake pedal while actually standing on the accelerator
B. The car responds to a press of brake pedal with "
accelerating from 18% to 100% in split second"

Great news!! Hertz now offering Model S for rent!!

ddddd.PNG

http://www.streetinsider.com/Corpor...esla+Model+S+and+Roadster+(TSLA)/8721058.html

With the expansion, consumers in select markets are now able to rent both the Tesla Model S and Tesla Roadster, along with a variety of other high-end performance vehicles, from Ferrari to Lamborghini to Porsche and Mercedes Benz, offered in Hertz's Dream Cars, a line of ultra-high-end performance vehicles that redefine the premium car rental experience.

"Customer and industry support for Hertz's Dream Cars has been overwhelming, so adding the Tesla Model S to the already outstanding fleet was an easy choice," said Mark P. Frissora, Hertz Chairman and CEO. "The ability to offer a truly unique driving experience to Hertz customers is a thrill, and the addition of this vehicle shows the passion we have in offering the best and most diverse fleet to our customers."

The Tesla Model S will be available in California – at San Francisco and Los Angeles airports -- and are the 85kWh model, capable of 265 miles on one charge. The all electric, zero emissions car can go 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds. The Tesla Model S is the world's first premium sedan built from the ground up as an electric vehicle. At the heart of Model S is the proven Tesla powertrain, delivering both unprecedented range and a thrilling drive experience. With a rigid body structure, nearly 50/50 weight distribution and a low center of gravity, Model S offers the responsiveness and agility expected from the world's best sports cars while providing the ride quality of a luxury performance sedan. The Tesla Model S was named Motor Trend's 2013 Car of the Year [R] and received Consumer Reports highest score ever given to a car as well as NHTSA's 5-star safety rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.