Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this is Elon's plan all along... Pump up the stock to about $10 billion.

Then go to the market and do a battery swap demonstration saying - look at what we can do. This will double our sales - but we need a $500 million secondary which will dilute the stock price by $4...

anything but this, he said clearly on the conference call they aren't going to do a capital raise anytime soon.

some will be shorts and some are people like me, buying more shares.
Its going to be hard to really tell even when the new short numbers come out because a im sure at $70, more people are shorting them again. we just need to keep proving them wrong and the price continuing to grow.

Also remember that the short numbers may come out today, but it will only be reporting on what the short interest was over a week ago. Obviously a lot has happened in the last week. It will still be interesting, though.

A range extending fuel cell supplied by Bloom Energy. Prefilled at night off your homes Natural Gas line or at quick fill Natural gas stations around the country. It will drop right in the Frunk space.

Come-on lets get through $71

I think the keyword he said was RECHARGE... which means filling up the battery from empty to full in my opinion so any swapping, or range extending engines of whatever fuel etc. don't seem to cut it right?

I think the keyword he said was RECHARGE... which means filling up the battery from empty to full in my opinion so any swapping, or range extending engines of whatever fuel etc. don't seem to cut it right?

Wording is awkward, but I'm not sure how else you would say it without giving it away if the announcement is indeed about battery swapping. I just keep going back to last year's investor meeting. He gave very strong hints that we would see battery swapping at some point.

Its amazing what the shorts are doing in the options markets. There are calls in jan '14 which at times are trading below intrinsic value! Absolutely amazing how much free money there is to be made, I love it :D
I'm totally broke or I'd start looking into it. Everything I can afford to lose is already in TSLA.

- - - Updated - - -

Wording is awkward, but I'm not sure how else you would say it without giving it away if the announcement is indeed about battery swapping. I just keep going back to last year's investor meeting. He gave very strong hints that we would see battery swapping at some point.

Swapping just seems so expensive. Tesla couldn't really afford it themselves and certainly not for free like SC. That's keeping a lot of batteries around to swap, mostly sitting doing nothing since need probably peaks on weekends and holidays.

Yeah, and he could say that he's talking about the Model S being "recharged" not necessarily the battery.

I believe Daniel Scherer is on the right track. I have been in agony over the slow development of EVs for the past twenty years; about 18 years ago - back in my Wall St years - I wrote a position paper demonstrating how fast-exchange of a battery bank was the way that EVs could displace ICEs as the vehicle of choice. A "liquid battery" that, when spent, is replaced with more charged liquid, is something I never considered, but would achieve the same practicality at even higher speed and far less infrastructural costs.

A few minutes ago I just established a significant position in SCTY......oh - and earlier this week I exited the last of my coal positions. That's been a great 7-year ride, although I sold too late ;)

- - - Updated - - -

No problem about GMCR, Daniel! As I wrote last night, I've been nicely positioned in it, too....although it's nowhere near so large as my TSLA.... :)

I think it's going to be changeable aluminum air batteries, that fit into the Frunk (under your nose). Need some retrofitting to use them, that you can buy for $1500. (Everything costs $1500...).

It will also be inline with their recent patent filings about having aluminum air backups to lithium ion's.

Do you think that microwave cubby in the frunk was created for that purpose from the beginning?

Maybe Elon will buy the assets and technology of "Better Place", they've developed a workable battery swap station and they are in deep financially trouble.

It's more likely to be a combination though. Currently the SuperChargers operate at "1C", certainly 1.5C has been hinted at (120KW), maybe 2C is on the horizon, combined with some type of metal-air battery retrofit/upgrade. You would buy extra aluminum plates at the vending machines located at the SuperCharger locations, they will also sell bottled water to add to the metal-air battery as well (from the same vending machine you buy replacement plates from) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.