Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're done with the action for today, volume way down and price seems steady at $77. Even volume of viewers of this thread down significantly--was over 120 people earlier today.
given the fact we its friday, and the lot of the shorts dont want to pay the intrest over the weekend, Im quite sure It will pick up again in the last 90minutes of the trading day.

I think we're done with the action for today, volume way down and price seems steady at $77. Even volume of viewers of this thread down significantly--was over 120 people earlier today.

time for the longs to start the weekend celebration early!
I'm all out of short term profits, now keep rolling the LEAPS up, extracting more profits while staying long on the same number of contracts (I'm at my minimum position, which half my maximum); I'll keep doing that until it falls, then start adding to get back into max position again. That, and a weekend of BQ-n-Suds are all on the plan in this household

Are we going to break $85?

Volume has been pretty low all things considered the last few hours. I don't know if it's because it's Friday and people are just tired or it's a standstill between buyers and sellers right now or if we actually found stability?

Calm before the storm?

Reading various stock feeds, a lot of people are just sort of tapping out for the day and taking nice profits into the weekend. Been intense couple days. However, there's still got to be plenty of short postions that need filling that do not want to be carried into the weekend. There's also plenty of day traders who don't want to carry stock into the weekend.

For whatever reason by broker (Scottrade) doesn't have the May 10th Options available. I'd be tempted to buy a few hundred shares right now and sell the $75.00 call options. $3.50 each right. That's a great deal for 2 hours of putting yourself out.

Wait, just found that option.....may try this.

For whatever reason by broker (Scottrade) doesn't have the May 10th Options available. I'd be tempted to buy a few hundred shares right now and sell the $75.00 call options. $3.50 each right. That's a great deal for 2 hours of putting yourself out.

Wait, just found that option.....may try this.
How do you profit from this with the stock at $78.50?

I'm very happy I took some profits at $54.50..... NOT! :scared: Holding tight with the rest for now.

Oh... I took a lot of profit at $37 by selling the majority of my IPO investment. It was the right thing to do, in theory. But I am fantasizing about what if I'd held all of it.

I did keep enough to gloat about getting the shorts' money now though! (Well, unrealized. So I don't actually have it yet. I swore the portion I kept was for the long haul. But I do have a stratosphere limit sell order in in case it does a massive VW style squeeze spike.)

Guys, this run up has been epic! So much fun to watch.

I could not resist cashing out something, so I sold enough to cover my investment.... and I sold shares that I purchased August 13, 2010 @..... $18.15 :biggrin:
Now sitting on profits and waiting for the dip to reload.

Status
Not open for further replies.