Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neverending squeeze.

I thought that shorters had learned from previous and that this would be a controlled squeese as alot ppl already had profit from an overvalued company(thou not overestimated). But I bet that shorters keep shorting, and even prev long now shorting, and we will hopefully get s neverending squeeze :)

It's been like printing money, I won't lie. And that's dangerous. The hardest thing is making sure you take some profits and when re-rolling not doubling down. Even though to date that would have been a winning strategy. ;)

Eventually it's going to catch some people though.

Staying steady at high $78's right now - impressive.

+1. This squeeze is sweet revenge for us early adopters and investors. I always knew this would happen at some point. Yes, I expect tsla to consolidate over the coming days. Over 70 would be nice. I think GS is being overly conservative so their clients get in at a better price. Regardless I'm a LT investor because the master plan/biz model is completely laid out. When you think about it, Elon really does know how to play the violin. He plays it very well.

- - - Updated - - -

You might think that, but you know, the shorters are so much smarter than us longs (they think).
I'm absolutely sure there are new short positions being opened as it continues to rise...
You know, by all of those "smart people" :)

+1. As soon as the stock looks "toppy" new shorts pile in... More stock should be available to short moving forward (IMO) since the total % of float held short should be less as the fundamentals of the biz model are now being proven out.

Is it possible to see the difference between the shorts that shorted when the stock was 40$ or shorted the today/yesterday, I guess the real short squeez will only come from the shorts that shortet months ago when the stock was low.

Short S could be over by Tuesday at this volume (end target 85-100) as we see the end of THIS wave …. next "T of Hurt" wave when Gen 3 beta comes out & shorts at 100 get killed @ 200:scared:

It's so hard to know at all right now. Incredible amounts of day trading going on with people buying and selling thousands of shares on $1 movements. Day trading shorts & longs - everyone is making a buck on this thing somehow right now by taking advantage of shorts from yesterday and before.

It's not even a stock so much as a chemical reaction trying to find it's place while a large contingent is forced to buy at prices they wouldn't usually, creating havoc and opportunity.

seems that every time the stock hits a round number like 70 or 80, it hits resistance and comes back down for awhile. Profit taking, sell orders, day traders.
looks like there is real momentum and upward pressure again today, yet the stock has stabilized around 76-77, as it did around 70 yesterday. I am still holding firm for the long haul.
Shorts getting squeezed are covering in mass, but it seems to be proceeding in a somewhat orderly manner, which I take as good sign for price stability: takes off some of the extreme on the upside, while maintaining more support on the downside.

I would sell at a cool hundred. Then wait for it to normalize to get back in :)

That's where I have about 40% of my TSLA limit. I have other limits higher, just in case. If it goes to $100 now, I'm sure I can buy back. However, I don't want anything below $100, as when I eventually sell about half my shares that will guarantee the purchase of my Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

We are WAY above my original "get out" price I had planned. Way above. Feeling a little like a pig. Staying all in. ML

Yep. Over the past two months, I moved my minimum limit price from $50 to $60 to $75 to $95. The last is only 5% of my TSLA.

For once, my investing chops are doing well. I got into TSLA last year when it was in the high 20s. One of my other stocks was maxing out about 2-3 weeks ago, and I finally sold after holding that a few years. 100% of that went immediately into more TSLA.

I'm in no hurry to sell TSLA. I want it to go well over $100 before I sell. Gonna try to wait for $200. I am as patient as a mountain. Though I am happy to snap up more shares should the price dip any substantial amount. I am a short's worst nightmare :)

I'm unsure why, but SCTY is also jump up the past two days quite a bit.

Few reasons - Musk, piggybacking on TSLA, earnings call Monday that couple catapult the stock, Tesla announcement with Supercharges next week that might include a whole lot of SCTY business.

All part of the MUSK ETF! ;)

This did come out the day before yesterday...

"MILILANI, HI, May 8, 2013—Construction has started on the first phase of a massive solar project by Forest City Military Communities and SolarCity® (Nasdaq: SCTY) to provide solar electricity to 6,500 military family residences at Ohana Military Communities (OMC), which serves Navy Region Hawaii and Marine Corps Base Hawaii. The latest SolarStrong™ project is scoped for a planned 24 megawatts (MW) of generation capacity, which would make it the largest SolarCity has undertaken to date."
SolarCity, Forest City Team to Install Solar on up to 6,500 Homes in Project at Navy, Marine Corps Bases in Hawai’i

Status
Not open for further replies.