Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just go here:

Tesla Motors, Inc. After Hours Trading - NASDAQ.com

Shows after-hours volume separately, real-time as far as I can tell. I think you need to refresh for volume to update though.
%
Interesting that TSLA is up about 12% after hours....it was up 12% after hours on May 8th, followed by a 25% up on May 9th, followed by +10%, followed by +14%. May past be prelude. If applied to a 134 close that would equate to 167.5 to 184.25 to 210.....Let the games begin.

For crying out loud, Wall Street Journal!

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013...-the-street-shares-jump/?mod=msn_money_ticker

"Tesla reported second-quarter adjusted earnings of 20 cents a share on revenue of $405 million, according to the release published on the company website. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters were anticipating the company would report a quarterly loss of 17 cents a share on revenue of $383 million."

Reporting non-GAAP EPS against GAAP revenue. Sigh. It's stuff like this that makes me not trust any reporting, no matter how many credentials the source has.

%
Interesting that TSLA is up about 12% after hours....it was up 12% after hours on May 8th, followed by a 25% up on May 9th, followed by +10%, followed by +14%. May past be prelude. If applied to a 134 close that would equate to 167.5 to 184.25 to 210.....Let the games begin.

That would be great. I chickened out and only put half of my available funds into the stock the last two days. Would love to buy more tomorrow if it is going to keep going up the next few days!!!!

If it pulls this off, I will be ordering an S come next week :)

In the same boat here. Let's do it. I want to be able to confirm my reservation.

- - - Updated - - -

For crying out loud, Wall Street Journal!

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013...-the-street-shares-jump/?mod=msn_money_ticker

"Tesla reported second-quarter adjusted earnings of 20 cents a share on revenue of $405 million, according to the release published on the company website. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters were anticipating the company would report a quarterly loss of 17 cents a share on revenue of $383 million."

Reporting non-GAAP EPS against GAAP revenue. Sigh. It's stuff like this that makes me not trust any reporting, no matter how many credentials the source has.

YF is doing on the homepage too.

So I was curious about the comparison of the run up prior to Q1 and now. So I picked a random date (Apr 1 because I only had to change the month to get the data.) prior to earnings for Q1 then made that price 100%. I then did the same thing with Q2. Here are the results. Interesting that the run ups are some what similar percentage wise.
View attachment 27650

Took me a minute to find this....I bet if Theshadows updated this with today's drop, the two charts would be eerily similar. Once again....may past be prologue.

Poor Solar! Tesla is having a party and SCTY is so cold there. Both reports earning but opposite story.
I did buy a bit of SCTY calls today on the dip. Let's see whether the Elon trade will be at play today. I am glad I put majority of stake at TSLA.

Anyone here also have SCTY?

This:

We expect to spend about $150 million in the second half of this year on capital expenditures, including the recentpurchase of 31 acres of land adjacent to our factory for future expansion. The growing demand for Model S givesus the confidence to invest in additional production capacity.

Investing in additional production capacity! This will drive all the naysayers nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.