Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be tough two days with the negative reports and pending lock up expiration tomorrow. There are many people (not on this forum) who will be quite happy to sell the shares bought at
$92 level a short time ago for a nice profit. Can anyone see support at the 130-135 level? I am long term bullish but as this is a short term thread I think there is a couple days of pain then sideways for a couple weeks (still short term) before rising again.

I see support in the mid $137s. Under that $135. Under that $133. It sucks, but there is a massively powerful uptrend here and we are still in it. I am actually considering adding to my core position (buying common stock) if we get to $133. I haven't purchased common shares since $29.

The funny thing about Tesla stock is there is always such situations like these days and last week, where there is a big dip without any logical reason. Im thinkin some people are manupulating the stock price in order to get in cheap. Today JP Morgan raised PT to $149. And it has practically no positive effect.

Is there not any other liquidity available for the home? My take is that the straight losses are fear of lock up expiry, Lazard downgrade on Monday, and a negative Barron's article. The lock up expiration shouldn't do too much, but it's making people nervous and the past few days I feel have been preemptive strike.

I *have* to pull some out for closing costs. Fortunately, all of my stock was purchased between ~$35 and ~$90 so I don't expect a loss, but obviously the last few days have been less than fun.

Is your loan completely approved? You need to sell roughly at least 14 days before closing because the lender needs to see the paper trail on every single transaction thesedays. Good luck on your new home and getting the best strike price!

That is correct, thanks. I need to sell some soon and I am dangerously close to pressing the sell button at the current movement!

Tell me, when in TSLA's history has it been a bad idea to buy when it was 13% off the highs?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 10.58.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 10.58.01 AM.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 399
Sold 100 shares at $139.62. Hate to sell TSLA--especially at this time--andwould rather be buying more...but need the short term cash for now. Bought the shares at $95, so can't complain too much. But I was really expecting a boost after earnings and it didn't pan out, so missed out on some additional profit.

I will buy back shares in a month or two--hoping I get a decent price then!

What are we expecting to drive short term price growth? There are no planned series of announcements and Tesla is now on the radar of every day and swing trader. IMO we are in for a stagnant period similar to this time last year. Like last year, we need news of "stuff" to drive the price.

I think you nailed it. I'm seeing this as a bit of a correction, just hoping the new bottom isn't too far down.

What are we expecting to drive short term price growth? There are no planned series of announcements and Tesla is now on the radar of every day and swing trader. IMO we are in for a stagnant period similar to this time last year. Like last year, we need news of "stuff" to drive the price.

The funny thing about Tesla stock is there is always such situations like these days and last week, where there is a big dip without any logical reason. Im thinkin some people are manupulating the stock price in order to get in cheap. Today JP Morgan raised PT to $149. And it has practically no positive effect.
I think it's a mistake to think of this as a TSLA thing. The market is like this generally.

Today JP Morgan raised PT to $149. And it has practically no positive effect.

Now why isn't this price target making the news anywhere? It seems whenever an analyst lowers the price target it gets put out all over the place, but when it's raised it only is sometimes. Smells fishy and only makes me want to double down the lower the price gets as I smell a short squeeze part 3 in our future...maybe days, weeks, or months away.

Those who wrote covered calls last week are now at risk of being forced to sell their shares?

I'm referring to Curt's move last week and others who followed, how is that going? Just curious as I considered following suit but didn't fully understand the play and decided not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.