Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TSLA definitely showing resistance in the mid 180's.. Hopefully we will have somewhat of a run-up to ER. I am still hopeful of my target of $195 before earnings.. we still have 3 weeks, but the momentum is definitely on pause ATM.

Hopefully a temporary pause to catch its breath?
I don't think we will see it break 200 before earnings (unless some positive news of course), but now that the govt ordeal seems to be out of the way, I suspect we should make are way back up to the 190s? Last time we were there it was a little unwarranted, but now we've filled any possible gap with the recent pullbacks and Q3 is just around the corner.

I was curious how much of your portfolio do you commit to Tesla? How much of your total worth? (just % estimates no need for real numbers)

I just realized over half of my net worth is invested in Tesla (it was created by Tesla in the first place though:smile:... I'm young and took a lot of risk).

But for you older guys, how much of you life stake is in Tesla??? I hear some people here say "I'm all in" - are you saying you just threw your life savings at Tesla?? All your investment dollars? Just one account?? Some play money?

I'm 25 so I'm OK resting most of my eggs with Tesla, the risk is acceptable and the potential upside... well maybe I could retire early! Just curious about the rest of yall.

I was curious how much of your portfolio do you commit to Tesla? How much of your total worth? (just % estimates no need for real numbers)

I just realized over half of my net worth is invested in Tesla (it was created by Tesla in the first place though:smile:... I'm young and took a lot of risk).

But for you older guys, how much of you life stake is in Tesla??? I hear some people here say "I'm all in" - are you saying you just threw your life savings at Tesla?? All your investment dollars? Just one account?? Some play money?

I'm 25 so I'm OK resting most of my eggs with Tesla, the risk is acceptable and the potential upside... well maybe I could retire early! Just curious about the rest of yall.

Speaking for at least one 'older guy' (over 25!). 'All In' for me would mean all my available cash that is not already invested in other things. Like JH. Most of my recent investing (last 6 months) has been in TSLA, but recently I have put new money into Solar. I know this is contrary to many opinions on TMC, but I believe solar stocks have a greater chance to double in the next 12 months than does TM.

When I say I am all in, I am literally all in, and I even threw the kitchen sink at it. It being solar of course.

When you look at all of my investments, it would be about 97% solar and 3% legacy TSLA bull call spreads and 1 share of TSLA.

The risk/reward in solar is so much better that I can't justify investing in TSLA, even though I am sure that TSLA will do well in the future. Just today I sold of the rest of my TSLA options in order to put it all in solar.

I am all in on solar, mostly CSIQ and JASO with SPWR a close second, then SOL and some JKS.

FYI, there are always the same number of shares bought as sold on any given day

I am 20+ in the older category. I started at 3%, and now TSLA is 30%. 1/2 Leaps and stock and 1/2 DITM Nov 16 calls for earnings. I keep 1/4 in cash and I've paid 40% taxes on gains as I've gone forward. 1/2 taxable account and 1/2 IRA.

Congratulations on finding an Investment like Tesla so young, it has the potential to change your financial future.

A Caveat - My retirement and kid's education are fully funded outside Tesla. If my Tesla investment went away, I would be equally sad for the losses to my portfolio and the loss of the potential of what Tesla could be...OK, maybe a little more sad for me, but my kids would go to school and I would still retire. Good luck to you...to the 20+, 40+ and 60+...and Sleepy and solar. It's nice to invest and reap outsized rewards in something you believe will benefit us all. Rare.

When I say I am all in, I am literally all in, and I even threw the kitchen sink at it. It being solar of course.

When you look at all of my investments, it would be about 97% solar and 3% legacy TSLA bull call spreads and 1 share of TSLA.

The risk/reward in solar is so much better that I can't justify investing in TSLA, even though I am sure that TSLA will do well in the future. Just today I sold of the rest of my TSLA options in order to put it all in solar.

I am all in on solar, mostly CSIQ and JASO with SPWR a close second, then SOL and some JKS.

I agree with your thinking on Solar and TSLA. The chances of a TSLA double in the next 12 months are less now but it may still happen. I think Solar is prime for take off but competition is high.. which ones do we pick? I like SPWR and CSIQ and then some of the Chinese ones and in that order for weighting.

Sleepy:

Didn't you say a couple of days ago that TSLA is going to $1000 so stop trying to piss into the wind?

You guys only hear what you want to hear.

Yes, I said TSLA is going to $1000, but I also said that it might take 5 years, or it might take 10 years. I am confident it will get there. A 5 bagger in 5 years is a great investment.

I have also been saying that solar stocks may be 5 baggers by next year. Not sure that it will happen but there is a small, albeit realistic, chance that it will happen by the end of 2014.

I think I will go with the 5-bagger in 1 year vs. 5 years. If you have been reading my posts for the past 4 months then you would know that I am more bullish on solar than TSLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.