Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon is in London today opening the store. He was asked the following question and gave an answer

Bloomberg thinks Tesla is overvalued, what do you think? Answer: Value will be quite a bit greater.

i loved his answer. Of course the media will selectively misinterpret it again so let's be clear: Elon Musk is saying that within a few years TSLA will be worth significantly more than today's $20B cap. It's in Elon CEO stock incentive plan too. Go read it. CEO gets stock awards out to $40b cap. The last milestone is when TM produces 300k cars/yr.

Do I have any doubt that a Tesla will produce 300k cars per year? My answer: Zero doubt.

This is is why I'm a long term shareholder. I haven't ever sold a single share.

Naturally this FUD has been spread in multiple tweets in recent minutes my Bloomberg's perennial TSLA critic Cory Johnson: https://twitter.com/CoryTV

Welcome back! ah.... Tesla Motors biggest proponent Cory Johnson. He's a silly man. He missed the fact that 8 other states are considering ZEV credit incentives and California was a trend setter (which I think nobody saw coming)

Sure they do. The CA Air Resources Board is discussing it today. Issue seems to be that the fast charging option (swapping) isn't really available yet to be used. Tesla wrote a letter asking not to change anything, BMW asked to water down the mandate. I hope the ARB sides with the *ahem* California company.

They better side with the home turf and for really what is right. Looks like we are begnning to see the sun with lots of positive developments since yesterday. Let's continue this momentum of positive news into ER. Man that wine last night worked wonders. Thanks to all who joined me ;-)

They better side with the home turf and for really what is right. Looks like we are begnning to see the sun with lots of positive developments since yesterday. Let's continue this momentum of positive news into ER. Man that wine last night worked wonders. Thanks to all who joined me ;-)

I think we should share another tonight....11pm EST? :wink:

Happy for all of us on TMC that we say a 'green day'. It seemed like we had the red cloud hanging over us for the last several days.

Last edited:
Indeed. And Cory never tweeted today's big news about TSLA hiring AAPL's Doug Ford. In any event, he seems to have incited Bloomberg viewers to a few minutes of panic selling. That gave his short pals some time to cover before cooler heads prevailed.
With tech names crushing earnings, the pop in the NASDAQ will force shorts to cover tomorrow. After Hours action is now above the HoD for today.

Short interest was published today and remains practically the same over the past few months. I take this as one of the signs that volatility will likely continue.

Tracking short interest - Page 6

Settlement DateShort InterestAvg Daily Share VolumeDays To Cover
10/15/201320,813,89413,356,9761.558279
9/30/201320,931,3188,540,2032.450916
9/13/201321,021,7979,055,3082.321489
8/30/201321,557,85311,893,3361.812599
8/15/201320,266,32412,148,8441.668169
7/31/201319,783,86612,231,9211.617396

Now Cory tweets: BREAKING: Calif. board tables cut of Tesla's ZEV credits, promises to revisit within a year
Did you see the proposal specifically cut out battery swapping as a requirement for fast charging but kept hydrogen fast refueling in place?
"Staff is proposing to remove battery exchange from qualifying under the fast refueling definition,
starting in 2015 model year.

Hydrogen fast refueling capable Type V ZEVs will still earn 9 credits each in model
years 2015 through 2017 upon placement in service"
Quote from http://www.arb.ca.gov/regact/2013/zev2013/zev2013isor.pdf

It seems rather suspicious considering no other auto manufacturers have a battery swap system and some are pushing for hydrogen fueled cars.

Did you see the proposal specifically cut out battery swapping as a requirement for fast charging but kept hydrogen fast refueling in place?
"Staff is proposing to remove battery exchange from qualifying under the fast refueling definition,

Hydrogen fast refueling capable Type V ZEVs will still earn 9 credits each in model

It seems rather suspicious considering no other auto manufacturers have a battery swap system and some are pushing for hydrogen fueled cars.

Maybe some of the owners, shareholders and California residents (maybe out of state and out of country folks could mention how California has set - and should continue to set - an important example for the rest of the country and the rest of the world) on this board could write or call and share some polite but well-informed advocacy with the Air Resources Board to argue for the preservation of these credits. Even though TSLA doesn't rely on them, they provide strong economic incentive for major auto manufacturers to produce zero-emission vehicles, and this is good for California's clean air initiatives, and good for the world since California by its sheer size is a massive global polluter. They also need to be educated on why hydrogen isn't as clean as people think it is.

Links: CAL-SPAN Streaming Video Home Page
If you'd like to speak in person at the next ARB meeting (citizens are welcome): What You Need to Know About the Option to Sign-up Online to Speak at the Board Hearing
TO SUBMIT WRITTEN COMMENTS ON AN AGENDA ITEM IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING GO TO: http://www.arb.ca.gov/lispub/comm/bclist.php

Here are the board members: Air Resources Board Members List, Photos, and Bios
Here's how to contact each board member (can search by last name to get email and phone number): http://www.arb.ca.gov/db/arbpb/pb_qry.php

Be professional and polite and focus on facts!!! They're our friends.

Hydrogen is so bullshit +10

135KW superchargers announced in Germany with apparently faster to follow

Status
Not open for further replies.