Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From our channel experts, where do we stand with the channel right now? Especially those two channels converging on ER.

I'm by no means an expert, but here's my interpretation of the current channel.

tsla 10.28.13.png

So down and down and down and down and down and down we go......
Shaving off a few percent nearly every day now.
Where is the bottom? 150's? 120's? 90's? Few buyers for TSLA now, lots of sellers.
I am very curious to know when this will change again.
After the stock drops another 10%? 20%? Not until 2015?

Shorts and nay-sayers are sure now that the rally is over, and are working hard to develop negative momentum, producing more FUD by the day (even more desperate in tone and content).
The blatent FUD seems to be rising, (I wouldn't have thought it was possible) and seems to be effective. Shorts are salivating!

Suddenly a lot of angry bickering and fear on TMC investor chats. Some members on these forums have gotten out entirely. Some are not even posting any more.
Even die hard TSLA fans are sounding negative and doubtful, dramatic turn around from just 3 weeks ago.
But I have seen no news to justify this. The only real news I see is that TM is expanding into Germany and the UK, and superchargers are rolling out. As far as I can tell, Tesla Motors is still expanding rapidly.
Suddenly swirling rumors that 3Q earnings will be a disappointment. What were the real expectations? Why disappointment? I see no basis for disappointment beyond unrealistic expectations.
Seems to be a consensus forming here that the 3Q earnings call next week will not spark any kind of rally and may lead to even lower share prices.

Elon's comments about share price were simply humble and genuine, but are being used repeatedly to bring TSLA down.
Sincerity is something completely alien to Wall Street. Greed and fear rule market psychology, and are easily manipulated.
Elon is neither greedy nor fearful, so misunderstanding is deliberately fostered, and Elon and company treated with derision.
Rather pathetic, IMHO.

As for me, I continue to remain long TSLA. As long as Elon is in, so am I. If it goes to 0, so will I.
My broker called and encouraged me to sell, then buy back "after it goes down a lot more." WTH?
I am not doubting that the future is Electric Transport. I am not doubting Tesla quality or planning.
I see no reason to get out now. Am I missing something?

So down and down and down and down and down and down we go......
Shaving off a few percent nearly every day now.
Where is the bottom? 150's? 120's? 90's? Few buyers for TSLA now, lots of sellers.
I am very curious to know when this will change again.
After the stock drops another 10%? 20%? Not until 2015?

Shorts and nay-sayers are sure now that the rally is over, and are working hard to develop negative momentum, producing more FUD by the day (even more desperate in tone and content).
The blatent FUD seems to be rising, (I wouldn't have thought it was possible) and seems to be effective. Shorts are salivating!

Suddenly a lot of angry bickering and fear on TMC investor chats. Some members on these forums have gotten out entirely. Some are not even posting any more.
Even die hard TSLA fans are sounding negative and doubtful, dramatic turn around from just 3 weeks ago.
But I have seen no news to justify this. The only real news I see is that TM is expanding into Germany and the UK, and superchargers are rolling out. As far as I can tell, Tesla Motors is still expanding rapidly.
Suddenly swirling rumors that 3Q earnings will be a disappointment. What were the real expectations? Why disappointment? I see no basis for disappointment beyond unrealistic expectations.
Seems to be a consensus forming here that the 3Q earnings call next week will not spark any kind of rally and may lead to even lower share prices.

Elon's comments about share price were simply humble and genuine, but are being used repeatedly to bring TSLA down.
Sincerity is something completely alien to Wall Street. Greed and fear rule market psychology, and are easily manipulated.
Elon is neither greedy nor fearful, so misunderstanding is deliberately fostered, and Elon and company treated with derision.
Rather pathetic, IMHO.

As for me, I continue to remain long TSLA. As long as Elon is in, so am I. If it goes to 0, so will I.
My broker called and encouraged me to sell, then buy back "after it goes down a lot more." WTH?
I am not doubting that the future is Electric Transport. I am not doubting Tesla quality or planning.
I see no reason to get out now. Am I missing something?

I agree with this post 100000%.

Tesla, as a company, has not changed fundamentally. The car is getting rave reviews in Europe. Norway can't buy them fast enough. The Germans are not dismissing the car. Elon seems in perfectly good spirits in all the interviews he's been doing there. I have a gut feeling that a lot of news are going to be revealed on the stockholder's call come next week that's going to make a lot of people happy (i.e. especially Chinese & European demand & advancements in Gross Margin).

My 2 cents.

Germany is now top focus in the world for Tesla. Yes it is, there is a tremendous press attention right now for Tesla in the German News papers. Every news paper that I was reading during the last eight days was writing about the Tesla story!
Today it's even two major business magazines: wirtschafts woche and Handelsblatt!
-----
just an other one:
Tesla fährt auf Deutschland ab: Musk wettet auf 10.000 verkaufte Autos - n-tv.de

Buy Puts on this news? Last time we had 20 minutes before the fire news moved the stock. Will this second fire move the stock?
Hard to say. I mean for all the Tesla crashes and fires you've heard about everyone keeps getting out of the car and walking away. It makes me want to own one more and start to feel unsafe in my ICE. Who knows how that moves the stock though.

Hard to say. I mean for all the Tesla crashes and fires you've heard about everyone keeps getting out of the car and walking away. It makes me want to own one more and start to feel unsafe in my ICE. Who knows how that moves the stock though.

Looks like a major crash. I'm currently of the opinion that it won't be picked up since any ICE crash of this magnitude would probably also result in a fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.