Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Car manufacturer on the wrong e - track?

This article on the website of main german tv channel ARD shows the german brain when it gets to e - mobillity.

Autobauer auf dem falschen Elektrotrip? | Branchen | Anlagestrategie | Börse Aktuell | boerse.ARD.de

This website hasn't had one single article in favor of e - mobility, all of their articles are clearly against e - mobility.

Our posts will suit better in the Thread: EU Market Situation and Outlook. I would not compare this one article with "the german brain". It's an article that describes the past and the current state and ignores TESLA very well. The article states in my opinion that the german EVs simply should get better. YES! And TESLA has already solutions to the problems that are stated in the article: Range and Charging network for example. TESLA makes the future and the market will accelerate even if the big manufacturers join slowly because of EU regulation they have to fulfil according their fleet CO2 emissions. And for sure we know that it's best if you charge with GREEN electricity.

New AJ note reads like our friend Julian Cox wrote it. Enjoy folks. Mr. Jonas is spot-on as usual.

AJ note 6-25.png

Lets hope on point #4 above, CARB doesn't fold, like they have in the past from oil/auto mfr pressure.

At least this time, they can say "Teslas has no problem designing and selling a zero emission vehicle, now tell us again why you've failed?" "You want the public to fund $1 million per copy Hydrogen refueling stations, are you insane? Tesla does this for $250K per copy and only needs them every 150-175 miles apart, and they are funding the infrastructure themselves"

Lets hope on point #4 above, CARB doesn't fold, like they have in the past from oil/auto mfr pressure.

At least this time, they can say "Teslas has no problem designing and selling a zero emission vehicle, now tell us again why you've failed?" "You want the public to fund $1 million per copy Hydrogen refueling stations, are you insane? Tesla does this for $250K per copy and only needs them every 150-175 miles apart, and they are funding the infrastructure themselves"

+1 Put that on a bumper sticker!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by mitch672 viewpost-right.png

Needs bigger bumper. ;-)

or even more quaint- use them to buy the GF land and ground breaking for 'free' and make it known :)

Nothing is free...

The GF ground breaking will be paid by Big Auto Boys who pigheadedly refuse to put their resources and energy in developing and producing compelling BEVs, all the while desperately trying to rig the ZEV regulations so they can continue to produce massive quantities of gas burners...
They will be forced to buy these credits eventually, paying expenses for the only company which is really serious about BEVs - Tesla Motors:biggrin::cool:

Nothing is free...

The GF ground breaking will be paid by Big Auto Boys who pigheadedly refuse to put their resources and energy in developing and producing compelling BEVs, all the while desperately trying to rig the ZEV regulations so they can continue to produce massive quantities of gas burners...
They will be forced to buy these credits eventually, paying expenses for the only company which is really serious about BEVs - Tesla Motors:biggrin::cool:

Perhaps a more magnanimous gesture would be to put ZEV credit proceeds into Supercharger stations that charge nonTesla EVs. (While I like the idea of free electricity for all, I wonder if it may be prudent to charge a per minute parking fee. That way cars that charge slowly will not crowd out spaces for cars that charge fast like the Model S. )

Basically, competitors could buy ZEV credits by buying into the Supercharger network. The access to the network could be used immediately if the competitor offers a suitable car or later. Either way it would motivate both supporting the network and making EVs.

So if you buy $1M worth of regulatory credits from Tesla, you also get Supercharger access for 500 cars. It's a great deal. Moreover, no one can say that Tesla is getting "subsidies" from competitors because there is a fair exchange of dollars for network access. The value of this exchange will increase as Tesla rolls out more Supercharger stations and as the buyer of access produces cars that can use this network. Everybody wins.

Last edited:
Perhaps a more magnanimous gesture would be to put ZEV credit proceeds into Supercharger stations that charge nonTesla EVs. (While I like the idea of free electricity for all, I wonder if it may be prudent to charge a per minute parking fee. That way cars that charge slowly will not crowd out spaces for cars that charge fast like the Model S. )

Basically, competitors could buy ZEV credits by buying into the Supercharger network. The access to the network could be used immediately if the competitor offers a suitable car or later. Either way it would motivate both supporting the network and making EVs.

So if you buy $1M worth of regulatory credits from Tesla, you also get Supercharger access for 500 cars. It's a great deal. Moreover, no one can say that Tesla is getting "subsidies" from competitors because there is a fair exchange of dollars for network access. The value of this exchange will increase as Tesla rolls out more Supercharger stations and as the buyer of access produces cars that can use this network. Everybody wins.

I think Tesla will win even more if they sell the credits for market value and also sell Supercharger access for market value. Tesla already gave away the patents - as a shareholder I'm not interested in any more charity for competitors.

I have to disagree with your comment.

The competitors do not yet have BEVs which could fully utilize the Supercharger network, and majority of them are not interested in developing such BEVs. They are just trying to rig ZEV regulations to prolong the dominance of ICE based transportation. The society as a whole, however, would certainly benefit from the transition to sustainable transportation. The ICE producing companies basically are trying to mislead society into believing that switch-over to BEVs is not possible. If these companies are dragging their feet and do not want to invest their resources in developing BEVs, let them pay up (for ZEV credits) , so the other companies who take this task seriously can do that.

Given the above the concept of magnanimity does not seem to apply here. The ICE companies have a choice: become serious about BEVs (truth be known they are about a decade behind on this) or pay-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.