Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember last year's "trilogy" in five parts designed to create a tsunami of hurt for short sellers? Separated unveiling events should have a similar effect this year. Elon knows what he is doing. It worked before, and it should work again.

I hope so.

The one unexpected piece of great news is that Tesla's AWD system results in better range than RWD. In petrol engine vehicles, there's usually a substantial penalty. The Acura TLX SH-AWD, for example loses about 3MPG on the highway, or more than 50 miles of range per tank of fuel vs its FWD counterpart.

AWD that results in a car that is both faster and more efficient is big news. That would IMO possibly help move the stock up.

Holy cr.... Car will come with RADAR that can see through anything, SONAR that forms a bubble around the car and CAMERAS all linked to GPS, realtime nav, and more....amazing!

"Pushing the limit of super-safe!"

CAR WILL PARK ITSELF IN YOUR GARAGE!

You can SUMMON the car and it will drive to you! (on private property until public road laws catch up)

IF YOU HAVE CALENDAR TURNED ON IT WILL MEET YOU WHEN YOU NEED IT TO!!!!!!!

This is Astounding. This is Autonomous! The other letter is A!

Elon's speech is over and he is offering test rides to guests...in the autonomous supercars!

This is what I immediately thought of:

batman-keaton.jpg

batmanj.jpg

Last edited:
OK. I take it back. USA Today article was underwhelming, but Elon's presentation showed that this was a big deal. I'm not sure that we will be up tomorrow, but I'm no longer certain we will be down.

I've grown accustomed to being a bit disappointed by Tesla announcements, not because they aren't cool but because we tend to figure everything out beforehand. This one had some cool surprises with the self-driving features. If all the features mentioned are enabled over the air within the next few weeks then I will be very impressed.

OK. I take it back. USA Today article was underwhelming, but Elon's presentation showed that this was a big deal. I'm not sure that we will be up tomorrow, but I'm no longer certain we will be down.

I had the same reaction following the event on Twitter. This was much more than a faster Model S. Dual Motor completely overturns assumptions about AWD. Self garage parking and summoning was unexpected.

Even though we knew what was most likely to be announced it was still better than I had actually given real weight to imagining. It is more than just a fast car with a few sensors added to it, and I think you miss some of that nuance if you don't watch the stream, because there is a lot going on there and this is a pretty huge design change for the car on 2 different fronts. I am super excited and just hope that the price isn't super crazy!

(now I just need to figure out how to sell my car and buy this haha)

I think the key takeaway here was efficiencies could improve for AWD range as time goes on. This is going to be HUGE for Model X. People who buy the D will be able to be test mules for the Model X and will allow Tesla to make better algorithms for range.

Second, now Tesla will have more used cars (presumably because many will turn their vehicles in for a D). This CPO program will be huge and make the car affordable to people in the upper 3 series shopping range.

Third, time for the snow belt to jump in and the Autobahn market

Status
Not open for further replies.