Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main thing TSLA gets from Apple talks is legitimacy. We have great faith in Tesla, but the uninitiated are still wondering if it will go the way of VHS and DVD players. We don't know if Apple was even considering a buy, and if so was it when they were $700/share and TSLA was $30? At this point it doesn't matter - the world's most valuable brand was talking to our little TSLA and lots of people think that means something (apparently about $8/share, pre-market.)

206.60 in pre-market.
There is a lot of buzz about Apple/Tesla. Even made it into the morning talk shows...

These sky-high price predictions have me very nervous. We all know what happened last time. Granted, the mood is a little more reserved this time.

The sentiment of the forum resembles that of Q2. Q3 is when 10 pages would fly by before you click submit.

If we hit a homerun this time. Brace yourselves for the same crazyness like the one in Q3. I for one will retire to the beaches and join a few of the parties members on here wants to start all over the world.

If TSLA hits $280 by end of March, I'll pay for a trip out to the annual TSLA shareholder meeting this year (one RT plane ticket, one night hotel, dinner with me).

What? No Tesla Model S rental included?

In all seriousness, I am very bullish on this ER. TSLA either goes to $250 or $150, and I don't really see any in between scenario (unless maybe it is $220 - $240). I just have a very hard time envisioning a scenario where TSLA goes down a lot post ER.

Jerome said that 2014 is about "growth, growth, growth!" and to me guidance of 30k units is at best "growth". They delivered 6900 (or 28k annualized) cars with battery constraints. Without constraints they should be doing 10k - 12k per quarter for Q2, Q3, and Q4. 40k guidance is a minimum I expect out of Tesla tomorrow.

I wouldn't be surprised to see cash balance go up a lot either, since I expect a good amount of orders from China. China reservations will probably contribute to a lot more cash in Q1 though since that is when the "fair" pricing was announced.

Elon and Tesla made all of the rookie mistakes on Q3 conference call and they will not repeat them. I see no reason to be pessimistic going into Q4 ER. Constraints are about to be lifted and this is the moment we have been waiting for.

Right or wrong, I'm relatively low exposure for this ER. I may pick up another March Call (at nearly $3500/contract, I'm too poor to be buying a lot of them) but almost everything is in my tax free account. That's about as brilliant as I can get after a few quarters of this, but I just couldn't live with myself if I went all in again a la Q3 and got burned badly.

LEAPS will ultimately capture the potential crazy gains. Anything else is awesome, but it will not be to the tune of the 50 contract nonsense I was up to in previous quarters.

Elon and Tesla made all of the rookie mistakes on Q3 conference call and they will not repeat them. I see no reason to be pessimistic going into Q4 ER. Constraints are about to be lifted and this is the moment we have been waiting for.

Still think that was because they were working til the 11th hour to bring the giga-factory announcement to the Q3 call & couldn't quite get the last deal inked. And then they came into the call exhausted and with no surprises to share. This call will be different.

If TSLA hits $280 by end of March, I'll pay for a trip out to the annual TSLA shareholder meeting this year (one RT plane ticket, one night hotel, dinner with me).

Forgot to mention in previous post: I knew that the one (and only) share of TSLA I hold might come in handy one day :p

@Mods - For some reason when I get on the TMC forums on my work computer Internet Explorer crashes. I have a lot of issues with my computer lately but only TMC causes it to crash (every time, usually sooner than later). For this reason I don't post here much during the day.

Forgot to mention in previous post: I knew that the one (and only) share of TSLA I hold might come in handy one day :p

@Mods - For some reason when I get on the TMC forums on my work computer Internet Explorer crashes. I have a lot of issues with my computer lately but only TMC causes it to crash (every time, usually sooner than later). For this reason I don't post here much during the day.

I suspect a 'short' sabotage.

What? No Tesla Model S rental included?

Jerome said that 2014 is about "growth, growth, growth!" and to me guidance of 30k units is at best "growth". They delivered 6900 (or 28k annualized) cars with battery constraints. Without constraints they should be doing 10k - 12k per quarter for Q2, Q3, and Q4. 40k guidance is a minimum I expect out of Tesla tomorrow.

He also said reckless growth :smile:

I also think (and have been for a while - since pre-Q3 ER) that the 2014 guidance will be minimum of 40K. Based on my calculations they target about 46K, and will not guide to more than 15% under that number. I also believe they will guide to overall 30% gross margin in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.