Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
News coverage showed parking lots for EVs in Norway recently. Something there said that most spots are now filling up as new EVs are purchased. Will the communities add more parking in Oslo and elsewhere as thousands of new cars come to the country? Sounds fantastic and would be great to see such adoption here in the USA. And, isn't it late at night there now for you? Are you a late night person or work overnights?

I am up since I can not get any sleep. It is 02.25 AM here. A lot of people are complaining about the benefits, I do not believe there will be more parking lots, since we want traffic out the cities. However its getting more expensive for ICE cars to drive in the cities. I really hope that will evolve to the rest of Europe as well. I think it cost $16 to drive in to London each day.

To get back on topic, having optional falcon doors would most certainly not make me sell my TSLA, and may allow me to go EV-only with a wife-approved model X! :smile:

My 2 cents.

I would think TSLA would sell more cars if they gave people the choice to pick either style. Each has its advantages and disadvantages, so just let the buyers choose!

A lot of European are surprised to see how little Obama does for the Environment actually. But I guess it is pretty hard to do to much over there.

Then again, local politicians can make a lot of difference!

AGREED!
Feel free to check out evtown.org
We have a 1% sales tax rebate in addition to state and fed. Market share in 2013 was about 4% pure EV or 325 cars with a total of over 400
I am putting together a Carbon tax proposal and meeting with the mayor. I'm very optimistic, he is very progressive and environmentally concerned, solar, ev, wind.

Now my source is telling me that at today's meeting, Elon said: 1) He is not selling to GM or anybody; and 2) Model X is "coming soon", no mention of a delay.

Earth-shattering, I know. Hope that's not insider information...

You're all so damn CUTE! Seriously. Do you think Elon would be able to keep a secret of Model X hitting production earlier, rather than later? The guys on the production floor would already know. And there is crash testing to be scheduled and done. C'mon.

We need to see the final version of the X. I suspect we will see that at the show. But timeline moved up? Not going to happen. And I'd be glad to make some side bets with any of you, putting real money down on it.

Anyone?

You're all so damn CUTE! Seriously. Do you think Elon would be able to keep a secret of Model X hitting production earlier, rather than later? The guys on the production floor would already know. And there is crash testing to be scheduled and done. C'mon.

We need to see the final version of the X. I suspect we will see that at the show. But timeline moved up? Not going to happen. And I'd be glad to make some side bets with any of you, putting real money down on it.

Anyone?

Did you notice that smiley I have after I wrote it? :) Also I am buying calls weekly calls very often. I do not believe the timeline has been changed for the better.

Anyone see the report / Instagram pic of the white X on the streets near Hawthorne?

Yep, looked identical to the one they've been showing for months, right down to the interior color scheme I disliked so much (thought it was a mistake, but I was assured the engineers did it on purpose). I'd guess they may have an updated drivetrain in it, doing some testing. It's about that time.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you notice that smiley I have after I wrote it? :) Also I am buying calls weekly calls very often. I do not believe the timeline has been changed for the better.

So you're saying, 'no bet'? -sad face-

here u go. this is the X spotted in CA

model-x.jpg

source : Inside EVs | Electric car news, reviews, and reports

Anyone?

Agree, there is no chance that Model X production will move up. In addition to reasons mentioned in OP, we should remember that factory has two planned Model S production ramp-ups: one in Q1 (likely 800 cars/week), and another one in the beginning of Q3 (likely to about 1200 cars/week). There is no way they will allow their focus shift to manufacturing Model X prior to these rump-ups.

Someone should look up when all the "Model S spotted driving in the wild" photos/articles were. Its a figure of merit how early that was relative to production release. If Model S was driven/tested 6 months before release to limited production, who knows? I don't know why model X would be slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.