Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EV sales as a percentage of all vehicles sales is so small that there is room for many manufacturers. My feeling is that the more compelling EV's to adorn our highways, the more buyers will accept them and suddenly there will be a moment when the nobody wants anything BUT an EV, and by then Tesla will be the name synonymous with EV's. Bring on all the best/sexiest EV's possible, there is room and especially prosperity for all!

It looks like Tesla is going to go on another huge rally. We started becoming a momentum stock at ~$45 and did a ~$150 climb to ~$195, then retraced ~$75 to ~$120. Then we did another ~$150 climb to ~$265 and retraced ~$75 to ~$190. Will we climb to ~$340 over the next few months before retracing?

TSLA chart.png

It looks like Tesla is going to go on another huge rally. We started becoming a momentum stock at ~$45 and did a ~$150 climb to ~$195, then retraced ~$75 to ~$120. Then we did another ~$150 climb to ~$265 and retraced ~$75 to ~$190. Will we climb to ~$340 over the next few months before retracing?

That's a very optimistic graph. Maybe there is a trend, maybe there isn't.

That's not to say I'm betting there isn't, I just don't think TM is governed by it's own graph, but reactions to news of the company.

Last edited:
In Q3, we were nearer the ATH, so there was a lot of balloon to potentially deflate. How much deflation is still left this time? We're well below the ATH as well as well below the post Q4-ER jump. Seems like it'd have to be a pretty bad Q1 ER to drive the stock down significantly.

How can you say No Evidence of Plateauing?

From: Tesla Motors: Time to Worry About BMW - Stocks To Watch - Barrons.com

"Combined with plateauing of Model S demand in the U.S. and Norway, we see incremental risk to the demand outlook for Tesla."

Wrong. No erosion will occur. There is no evidence of plateauing other than perhaps Model X stealing potential S customers.

Do these analysts get paid for this kind of sloppy work???

If a company doubles the number of Sales Showrooms in North America from a year ago and the Sales go down due to Production Constraints shouldn't the purchase customers waiting list be expected to increase significantly from the year (1st qtr 2013) prior?
icon9.gif

Especially with over 25,000 happy owners like myself constantly telling people what an incredible car the Model S is.

If a company doubles the number of Sales Showrooms in North America from a year ago and the Sales go down due to Production Constraints shouldn't the purchase customers waiting list be expected to increase significantly from the year (1st qtr 2013) prior?
icon9.gif

Especially with over 25,000 happy owners like myself constantly telling people what an incredible car the Model S is.

Its simply that TM chose to send a lot more cars overseas in Q1

I agree, and that news can/will be GF partner(s), location and model X progress...just waiting for the news....

Speaking of, I am going to go out and guess that we won't get the model x information until June with the annual stockholders meeting. So they can show off the Beta at that point. Just a guess. Hopefully for this ER we will get factory information. Since they blew off all those questions in the last ER.

Ask TWTR how much there is left to deflate...

I agree, I think it is dangerous to think that TSLA doesn't have any more room to go down (deflate). If they miss estimates on Wednesday and there is no positive news given on future guidance/GF/Model X/China/demand, then there would no longer be any floor of resistance and it could easily go back into the 150-170 range (or even lower), especially if macro conditions continue to spook the market.

Ask TWTR how much there is left to deflate...

I'm very confident within 6 months it will be so obvious to even the casual observer that TSLA is not simply another momentum stock, it will be counterproductive for shorts to try to continue to paint it as such. I think perception of TSLA decoupling from the "momentum" stocks has already begun, and tomorrow might take it a couple steps further. at worst, we're going to hear that gibberish a few more months.

as to TWTR's move today, as I'm sure you know, today was the end of a lockup period for insiders and even after the drop it still has a 2015 pe double that of TSLA's.

I think the hurt brought on Yelp (-12% on a lawsuit) and twitter (-17% on lockup expiration) probably contributed to the fact that tesla couldn't rally. There was a rally off of 210, that ran up to 211.8 mid day but then that was crapped upon hard and I think it's the bystander effect from these.

I think the hurt brought on Yelp (-12% on a lawsuit) and twitter (-17% on lockup expiration) probably contributed to the fact that tesla couldn't rally. There was a rally off of 210, that ran up to 211.8 mid day but then that was crapped upon hard and I think it's the bystander effect from these.

Or it's just because people don't want to risk their money on an earnings report.

Status
Not open for further replies.