Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you patent a digit? Series 3 perhaps but model 3? Plus he said they would not release name until patented already

I think you mean trademark rather than patent but to answer the point ask the folks over at 7-eleven. Quite honestly I don't think it would be a big impact on TSLA even if they got challenged and changed the name again. As Curt rightly points out up-thread most car markers have pretty boring version names for their cars anyway; the market isn't going to react one way or the other if it thinks that Tesla's version names are boring or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Nigel you need to adjust gas concentration on your scuba. Just responded to your post in same section on your subject. Move to where you like

I didn't move anything. The note was to request an end to duplicated posts. O2 levels are good. :)

Good news coming out lately (GF is imminent, Model III confirmed in 2017) and the market has been sour. I believe the ER is going to be a very positive catalyst next month.

When the stock hit 244, I thought that GF news would not move the stock much. I believe differently now.

It was slow until 3:18pm EST when TSLA fell of a cliff... any idea what caused that?

The same can be said for the overall market. TSLA actually gave up a smaller percentage than the popular averages. First there was the passenger plane being shot down over a region of Ukraine that's de facto at war, then late in the session came news of the Israeli invasion of Gaza. Fear of American involvement in faraway disputes tends to cause retail investors to quickly react and take money off the table. If history is any guide, rather quickly the pros tend to swoop up bargains and bring prices back to where they were.

The same can be said for the overall market. TSLA actually gave up a smaller percentage than the popular averages. First there was the passenger plane being shot down over a region of Ukraine that's de facto at war, then late in the session came news of the Israeli invasion of Gaza. Fear of American involvement in faraway disputes tends to cause retail investors to quickly react and take money off the table. If history is any guide, rather quickly the pros tend to swoop up bargains and bring prices back to where they were.

agree- TSLA held VERY strong today relative- positive signaling

Does the Roadster battery upgrade signal an advance in energy density beyond the Model S. IIRC, the Model S has energy density 40% higher than the Roadster had. But to take the Roadster from 244 mile range to 400 is a 64% gain. If the upgrade battery is roughly the same mass, then this would imply a density gain of about 64%. So the Roadster upgrade could represent a beta test situation. Moreover, this would mean Tesla may be close to a density upgrade for the Models S and X. The path to Model 3 is coming into sight.

Does the Roadster battery upgrade signal an advance in energy density beyond the Model S. IIRC, the Model S has energy density 40% higher than the Roadster had. But to take the Roadster from 244 mile range to 400 is a 64% gain. If the upgrade battery is roughly the same mass, then this would imply a density gain of about 64%. So the Roadster upgrade could represent a beta test situation. Moreover, this would mean Tesla may be close to a density upgrade for the Models S and X. The path to Model 3 is coming into sight.

interesting number crunching jhm. maybe some of the board members with battery tech knowledge will chime in on how much of a clue that may or may not be. fwiw, it sounds consistent with the ~5-8% annual battery improvement that's often estimated.

other topic... earnings date released, 7/31 about a week earlier than last year IIRC.

Tesla Announces Release Date for Second Quarter Financial Results - Yahoo Finance

Status
Not open for further replies.