Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my personal bet would be Andrea James to be the first with an upgrade announcement.
But look look at this analyst and his recommendation :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

these are the companies he is covering. have a look and conclude.

Attachments

• TSLA ANR.bmp
    379.8 KB · Views: 547
  • Morningstar Coverage.bmp
    379.8 KB · Views: 543
ixAG6IfZsv5o.jpg
iRf4h3XHqgxc.jpg

Why Musk Is Building Batteries in a Desert When No One Is Buying - Bloomberg

So this article says we should not invest because sone Analysts disagree after telling us here is a phenomenal market opening up in front of the company.
"...Tesla’s growth will be “much steeper, their mix will be much richer, and their costs will ultimately be much lower than we previously assumed,” Lache wrote in a report on Aug. 11.
This doesn’t mean you should rush out and buy Tesla stock. Just 11 out of 20 analysts tracked by Bloomberg give the company a “buy” rating, and the stock price is 261 times estimated earnings, compared with a 12.5 estimated P/E for Ford Motor Co. Even Musk admitted last week that the stock price is “kind of high” right now." Is this Street code for do what I do, not what I say, at least until after I've got mine?

So this article says we should not invest because sone Analysts disagree after telling us here is a phenomenal market opening up in front of the company.
"...Tesla’s growth will be “much steeper, their mix will be much richer, and their costs will ultimately be much lower than we previously assumed,” Lache wrote in a report on Aug. 11.
This doesn’t mean you should rush out and buy Tesla stock. Just 11 out of 20 analysts tracked by Bloomberg give the company a “buy” rating, and the stock price is 261 times estimated earnings, compared with a 12.5 estimated P/E for Ford Motor Co. Even Musk admitted last week that the stock price is “kind of high” right now." Is this Street code for do what I do, not what I say, at least until after I've got mine?

Broadly speaking though, I would say the rest of the article is pro-Tesla.

The stock price has shown remarkable resiliency at near-ATH levels. I see consolidation here and a triangle formed. This is a spring compressing and will break up or down. But which, right?

We are on a confirmed uptrend from a medium and long term outlook so it is supposed to break out/up.

tesla_triangle1.JPG

The stock price has shown remarkable resiliency at near-ATH levels. I see consolidation here and a triangle formed. This is a spring compressing and will break up or down. But which, right?

We are on a confirmed uptrend from a medium and long term outlook so it is supposed to break out/up.

View attachment 58941

I feel that unless we get some PT updates early next week, there will be no fuel to propel TSLA higher short term, and it will roll back to 265-ish. With good PT updates next week we might get in 290-ies.

Having said that, it feels that roll back is more likely. Keeping that in mind I completed forming Dec. 20 time delayed "free" spreads today: 235-280 and 240-280

Alibaba is trying to raise $20billion next Friday. Does anyone expect this send a short term shockwave through momentum stocks as funds sell their winners get a piece of Baba and thereby creating a dip for TSLA or others. I'm not sure if it will really get into a buying range for me but could event end this bull run? Just a thought.

Alibaba is trying to raise $20billion next Friday. Does anyone expect this send a short term shockwave through momentum stocks as funds sell their winners get a piece of Baba and thereby creating a dip for TSLA or others. I'm not sure if it will really get into a buying range for me but could event end this bull run? Just a thought.

This is a major worry for me as far as short term TSLA goes. As the charts above show we are ready for a major move. EM hinted he would be making an 'announcement' soon. If that announcement is big positive news then we are OK. If no announcement then I think some will move funds to try to see if Alibaba is the next momentum stock to be in. I would be interested to hear opinions about when is the best time for EM to do a 'big' announcement. Before Alibaba IPO or after once the IPO feeding frenzy is over. If I were making the decisions I would see if we get analyst upgrades in the next few days. If so, hold off on the announcement. If not, make the announcement

shouldn't some 'Beta' X's be coming off the line soon? They have had a little bit of time since the line rebuild.

Those were alpha X's, from the last earnings call they said betas would be a few months after (late fall?).

In other news, an article on the immense disruption autonomous driving would bring according to a Morgan Stanley research report (the infographic happens to cite another MS report on TSLA)

Morgan Stanley: Autonomous Cars May Save US A Trillion Dollars - Business Insider

Status
Not open for further replies.